Serfas Men's Performance RX Saddle

Serfas Men's Performance RX Saddle

• Deep groove design assist in eliminating pressure in soft areas
  • Hollow Cromoly rails

• USER REVIEWS

[Aug 08, 2015]
    Mike Nagle

Strength:

Comfort, longevity

Weight

This saddle has been my favorite for many years. It is so very comfortable!! The smooth fabric cover is easy to move around on. I just bought a new one yesterday, and only because the fabric cover on my eight year old one had worn through in two places. As light as the cover seems to be, it lasts an amazingly long time. It is noticeably heavier than other saddles.

Ithys Amore

[Aug 21, 2012]
    swampdog

Strength:

comfort,comfort comfort. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

white fake stitching design. mine finally faded before failure. hollow rails. how much more would solid rails cost serfas?

Great seat. Very comfortable. Durable except for the hollow rails. Padding feels the same as when I bought it. Rode 8 to 10 average mountain bike miles a day for 10 months and rail snapped yesterday. Its back to the Brooks old school seat which will outlast many of these saddles. Almost got a year out of it.

[Mar 29, 2012]
    Tom Bartton

Strength:

Unbelievably comforable. I have been riding for 20 years and this saddle does it. I am boney butted so it is criticle for seat comfort and contour. This seat flexes., feels like your sitting on a sofa! A little heavier but when it comes to comfort on a 15 mile ride, 175 grams is not a discussion.

If you have issues with seats, have to adjust yorself when your riding and get sharp pains or are miserable on your curent seat, this is the seat...

An upgrade from the old erfas ARC Gel seat which was also comfortable

[Sep 13, 2010]
    judge031

Strength:

Comfortable from the start with no need for prolonged break-in period. Good compromise between super slim performance seats (causing pain and numbness on long rides)and too-fat saddles for the upright posture bikes.

None so far

If it holds up for 5 or 10 thousand miles of bike path riding, I'll buy it again and again. It's the best seat I've used so far in about 15 years of heavy duty riding.

Mostly stock seats that came with various bikes and one (uncomfortable) Velo "Bio:logic" saddle.

[Nov 07, 2009]
    yo.man

Strength:

most comfortable seat ever sat on, bar none. i can ride all day and feel fine. the one i had came with a vinyl covering which was amazing for protection from rain, but....

vinyl covering eventually crumbles in extreme cold and heat.took a long time though.

i dont think they make this seat anymore. they got a new version with a neoprene/spandex like cover which wont stand up to any type of riding for long. theres also another version with a leather imitation which also wont last too long dull surface grips clothing. the original version (i think) was the best , even though it fell apart(it took many years, 7, i think)it was smooth shiny tough surface. if you can find this one BUY IT, you wont be disapointed.

none.im so sad!

[Apr 05, 2009]
    erockem

Strength:

Narrow
    Great Padding

Red emblem doesn't match my bike.

GREAT SEAT! I'm a bigger guy 198lbs. Padding is excellent and it's nice and narrow at just over 6 inches (twss) because of that I get no thigh rub (twss). I have maybe 1,200 miles on the seat total with some rides as long as 65 miles at a time and it has been pure comfort. I'm now shopping for a second one for my road bike!

I would recommend this seat to EVERYONE!

Stock trek seats

[Jun 29, 2003]
    Robert

Strength:

This seat is comfortable, and natural feeling. Other split seats (like the Specialized Body Geometry Comfort) force your posterior in to unnatural positions, and feel fat and high. This Serfas model feels like a normal seat, only a bit better padded, and your nads don't hurt after a long ride. Looks great too!

Haven't found any, yet...

I'm a biggun at 230 and 6'1". I've tried most of the comfort saddles, including other models from Serfas. I now believe everything with the word comfort in it, is uncomfortable. The Serfas RX Pro has the perfect shape for me. Not too wide, not too high or over padded... It feels like an extra comfortable, normal seat. I noticed no numbness after a 20 mile technical ride and it was my first ride. I only expect this seat to get more comfortable. I felt like I could ride forever.

I think the correct shape and a good center channel is more important than all the gel in the world.

Try it!!

Specialized Body Geometry Comfort and Comfort Plus, Schwinn dual density comfort saddle, Selle Italiz Turbo, other Serfas models.

[Oct 17, 2005]
    Walt

Strength:

Right price, does what it's supposed to do.

The translucent plastic trim looks a bit tacky.

The channel in the middle reminds me of... well, never mind, but this is one very comfortable saddle for say, a twenty mile ride or so. Maybe I'll do more if I lose some gut muscle.

Avocet coil spring... probably the stock saddle that came with the bike.

[Jan 20, 2006]
    Mark

Strength:

Comfort, relief of numbness, and still the right shape for serious XC riding

I was experiencing some dreaded numbness from an overly soft seat. This on is a nice balance between performance and health. When it comes to that area, why skimp? Best $60 I've spent on anything ever. Protect your boys.

Generic crap that came with my bike

[Apr 18, 2007]
    Richard Cranium

Strength:

Solid construction, sleek looking, but the most important thing is that this saddle is so comfortable !

This saddle rocks ! Comfort like no other saddle I have ridden. Gives me the ability to ride much longer time spans with more comfort then on previous saddles that I have ridden through the years.

If you value your backside and oranges and want comfort without sacrificing too much weight buy this saddle you will not regret it.

WTB Rocket V & WTB Devo