Serfas Lola Saddle

Serfas Lola Saddle

Serfas Lola

[Sep 05, 2001]
Eric

Strength:

Very comfortable, decent looks, fairly light, great price!

Not made any more.

You can't beat this saddle for the price, and maybe not any any price.

I bought the saddle because it looked cool (blue with large Lola stitching). I know that's a pretty stupid reason, but it was cheap. I put it on my bike and thought at first it was a bit too comfortable, however after a few rides I really liked it.

It's weight is pretty close to other "light weight" saddles that cost much more, this is possbile due to the saddle being fairly short(?). It's comfort is better than most, if not all of the saddle's I've tried. I just ordered a second one (black this time) off of eBay.

Wish they were still widely available.

Serfas Kevlar, Selle Italia FLight Gel, Bontrager

[Mar 24, 2001]
Kinny

Strength:

- Excellent XC saddle
- Price

- A little too hard & narrow for road rides

Great saddle of MTBing - narrow, easy to slip off the back & never gets in the way of you on the trail. A little too hard to be comfortable on long, sitting rides (ie all-day rides or road rides), but at that price I'm not complaining.

& oh, it's a red saddle so it goes faster. (it's yet another piece of red I have on my bike, red frame, red grips & now a red saddle - I think I might try a red Michelin Wildgripper next time . . .)

SelleRoyal gel, Cannondale CODA (it was a piece of junk)

[Mar 06, 2001]
Patrick

Strength:

Comfort through the middle of the saddle

Too narrow in back

It's a great saddle, but it's a little bit too narrow across the back. A quarter inch more width in back would have been perfect for me. I find that very surprising because I'm on the thin side (5' 9", 140#), but I guess I'm roomy in the pelvis. Other than that one problem, I found the Lola to be very comfy.

For those of you who have sit bones that are fairly close together, the Lola is worth a try, especially for the price.

Vetta Tri-Shock, Selle Italia Flite Max Trans Am, OEM saddles

[Aug 16, 2000]
Peck

Strength:

thin,durable,inexpensive,no pain

none yet

After 8 months it's holding up good so far, being ridden by a 225lb clydesdale and all.
I'm riding again after an 8 yr hiatus so I'm not going to comment on who should or shouldn't buy this product. I had an Avocet Mountain Gel on my 80's bike which was plush comfy but after riding Lola I could never go back to something as wwwide as the old Avocet.
As soon as I find a big mail order dicount store that features Serfas products I going to try/buy the ARC.

the stock rock

[Aug 01, 2000]
Jayson

Strength:

Price, weight

Dye bleeds off

For the money you cant beat it, I think I paid around $30 for my saddle, when it was purchased it had the Cromo rails, I rode it for about 2 or 3 months and broke a rail, I called the company and they said to send it back they would fix it, so when I sent it in I asked to replace them with Ti rails and that I would pay the difference, well within a week I had my saddle back with Ti rails and they didnt even charge me. To buy a product from a company like that is worth what ever price they want to charge for it. Well its been right at a year since I had the rails replaced and just yesterday I snapped one of my Ti rails, but this saddle has been used and abused, it has around 2000 xc miles on it and I feel I got my moneys worth and then some out of it. Cosmetically it had went to hell, the red dye had faded out and the leather was getting dry and begining to crack somewhat, but this was due to many days of sitting in the sun and rain on my Yakima roof rack waiting on me to get off from work to go ride it. In fact I am so pleased with Serfas I am going after work and buying a new one, actually I think I am going to try the new Arc, I will write a review on it as soon as ive ridden a few thousand miles of trail with it.

WTB SSTX

[Jul 03, 2000]
Jason M.

Strength:

cheap price tag, strong, looks good, and works well

after a year are so mine has started to creak

Its a nice saddle for the price, cant remember how much I paid. Its also strong, I've wreck hard on it a couple times
no bent rails, and no rips. One thing I did was I took off
all the screws, and plastic on the underside of the saddle.

coda, flight, ect

[Apr 28, 2000]
Will

Strength:

Very comfortable, light, very durable, shape and features of saddle protect your "tools"

The design of this seat keeps your soft tissues up off of the seat for most and has a cutout in the plastic in just the right place. This saddle is a very durable product. It has been wrecked multiple times and has hundreds of miles on it, yet the only signs or wear is a slight discoloration of the leather on the nose. By far the best saddle I have ever used. Also has a tapered tail to easily slide off of the backside of the saddle for drop-offs and what not.

Serfas ARC, Velo Crossbow, Marin saddle

[Mar 05, 2000]
gary

Strength:

light, 235gm for the lola ti
great fit
racing design

this saddle rocks. for racing it competes with the best. it has a small cutout in the shell and is very light (same as other ti railed superlight saddles).

i would reccomed this saddle to the all day rider and the xc racer. super durable ti rails and leather/kevlar setup. by a serfas and you will never go back to your old saddle.

serfas arc, vetta tri-shock

[Nov 12, 1999]
CC Rider
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Cut away design
Anatomical cut outs
Cool colors
Comfortable

Not that I have seen

I have owned three Lola seats and I love them. Takes a little while for your butt to get used to the racing design, but overall is a great ride. Soft where you need it to be, tough in all the other places. I have tried the Lether/Kevlar version and the all Kevlar...I like the ruggedness of the all Kevlar.I give the seat a flamin' 5!

Stock crap
Other Serfas saddles

[Jan 23, 2001]
Tim B

Strength:

Comfort; durability; performance

This seat has been great -- comfortable; has no slippage like some others I've seen; rugged; the perfect size to provide support yet slip easily off the back for a little righteous downhilling. Starting to show it's age, but the kevlar edges have done their job and the saddle has no tears.

Avocet gel