Serfas Ergo Gel Saddle

Ergo Gel

Comfort Saddle

Ross Arnold   [Mar 12, 2003]

Moving from stock to the Serta Ergo Gel saddle was like sitting on a pile of rocks to sitting in a cadillac. I was able to ride another three hours after being in pain from the ride yesturday. Great cruising seat if you're looking for one.

OVERALL
JJ   Cross Country Rider [Oct 27, 2002]
Strength:

Cushy ride, love channel

Springs are too rigid, and I weigh in at 250. You'd figure they'd travel a little more for someone of my size, but you'd be wrong.

I need a comfy landing for my ponderous backside... this saddle does the trick. I do a considerable amount of street riding / commuting, and up to now it's been with the GT hybrid, but recently I purchased a new '02 Sugar 3+ Disc (oh yeah) and moved my Ergo Gel to that bike. BTW, I consider riding a FS bike on the road/street like riding a Caddilac, it's truly a sweet ride, and I've got it dialed in to be ultra plush. I will rarely use this bike for what it was made for - offroading - so I consider it to be the ultra luxury mode of commuting, and if you can afford it, why not? At any rate, I digress, as this is supposed to be about the saddle, not my personal riding sitch. It's comfy and works well for a rear that needs the padding. It'd be nice if the springs gave a bit more than they do, but it's a good deal nonetheless.