Serfas Dual Density version of DDM-CT Saddle

Dual Density version of DDM-CT

Designed for comfort

Jeff   Weekend Warrior [Jun 08, 2004]
Strength:

Firm enough and narrow enough for serious cross country riding. Combination of the Gel and flex in the body makes for a comfortable ride - feels good even after 30 miles of hard riding through the woods. I ride a hardtail so this is my only rear "suspension." You can't beat this saddle for the price! Original Serfas saddle (called the ARC)had 'cool' stiching.

Broke one of the rails after three (3) years of hard riding and one hard landing off a ledge. SERFAS is replacing the rails at no charge - they offered without my asking! Service does still exist.

I ordered another Serfas Mens DD Pro from BikeBeat in Williamsburg, VA (knowlegdable and helpful folks at this shop). Serfas prefers to sell through bike shops, not web sites. Imagine that - keeping people in the loop!

Will keep the Serfas-rebuilt saddle as a spare for the next three years.

Similar Products Used: Selle, WTB
Andrew   Cross Country Rider [Oct 09, 2003]
Strength:

Better than the saddle that came with my bike.

Still experienced numbness occasionally, and a sore butt frequently. Seat material peeled and came apart. Rail design was too close to the seat to allow full adjustment range (this has been improved in newer versions that I have seen in the store).

I'm glad to be rid of this seat. I'm a 185 pound guy, and in shape. For commuting (7 miles) it was tolerable, but for longer rides (anything over 10 miles) it was very uncomfortable. The Specialized Milano is working out much better for me.

Similar Products Used: Ergo-the-Seat
Specialized Milano
ramilcp   Weekend Warrior [Nov 12, 2001]
Strength:

Comfortable gel padding keeps me riding all day. Lots of room to shift your weight. Deep groove design really saves the perineum area.

Weight. Width makes it hard to slide back off the seat.

Being new to mountain biking and that stock seat traumatizing my sensitive bits every ride, I went for the most comfortable, inexpensive saddle I could find. Success! Break-in time is virtually nil and no more saddle sores after every ride. Definitely worth getting for the heavier riders especially for a 180+ lb guy like me. 5 flaming chilis to this seat for making my start to mountain biking an easy one.

Similar Products Used: Stock Velo seat (ouch!), WTB SST, Specialized Body Geometry Comp
ernie   Cross Country Rider [Sep 16, 2006]
Strength:

this is the version with the "See Thru" genital hole.
Model DDM-CT. Its probably the most comfortable cushy type
of seat that I have used. Its narrow enough for XC and trail riding and yet so comfortable you dont need to put on your padded lycra shorts or padded baggie to numb the pain of a traditional Speed V or Selle Italia saddle. I can ride for hours without any saddle sores with or without a padded short.

The lycra cover is going to rip sooner than later. A vinyl covering would be more durable.

This saddle is a tad heavier than a WTB Speed V, but not as much as the same ones
Trek sells that do the same thing. And its priced about the same as the Trek/Bontrager lines. The 3 layers of comfort or ICS Technology that Serfas blabs all over the package is true. This is the most comfortable saddle in a size not too ridiculous to bolt onto a mountain bike. Its not as thick as
the comfort seats everyone else sells and yet its just as comfortable as a beach cruiser after-market saddle. You get this model and you can ride epics. They even guarantee a 90-day return policy. Thats one of the reasons I bought it, nobody does that, and sure enough this thing is pretty good.

Similar Products Used: Avenir and a no name from Sports Chalet, but both did not have the "hole" for your genitals.
Mark James   Racer [Mar 22, 2003]
Strength:

It is a really comfortable seat that will protect you during long rides or rough XC trails. The seat also looks very good and will look good on a decent bike. Will also make a cheap bike look a bit more professional.

I was sad to see a previous reviewer say it was a cheap seat. Sadly ive been ripped off then, or the UK prices could just be higher. Retail at £50. The two weaknesses I can say about this seat are 1) it is not waterproof so when you get on your bike the next day you get a wet backside. I cant believe its not waterproof. The other thing is it stains if you get mud or oil on it. I have both on mine and it will need to go soon. Definetely a good leather seat next time

A good looking seat but not for long. Will get wet and not dry for a day or two. Will also pick up stains

Similar Products Used: Kona seat 00 (cant remember name) A mrs Miggins (I think that was what it was called.
Aaron   Cross Country Rider [Jul 31, 2002]
Strength:

Very comfy, cheap

The screen printed graphics started coming off very easily, so I fininshed them off.

I needed a nice comfy gel seat for my city bike and I found this one for $15. I like the gel padding and the groinal relief zone up front. I was disappointed with the quality of the screen print graphics on the lycra cover, but after I was able to remove it all, it looks very nice. Those graphics never stay intact very long anyways. Ive noticed a few different dual density serfas saddles out there so Im guessing some might be newer models or women's models. For $15-20, you can try one out and if you dont like it you arent financially ruined.

Similar Products Used: various cheapo seats
Rudi   Weekend Warrior [Aug 20, 2004]
Strength:

Great support and endurance. Perfect for those long rides that would normally make you feel sore afterwards.

None so far

Great Saddle. If you value your bum check out this seat.

Greg   Weekend Warrior [Jun 26, 2004]
Strength:

Cushy Squooshy thick padded seat. Cheap for such comfort, and looks good as well.

None so far

If there is a better seat out there, I'm not going to know about it for a while because this thing is not coming off my bike anytime soon. I was planning on getting a thudbuster suspension seatpost however after paying 30 bucks for this seat, I doubt that I am going to be getting one for a while.Out of the upgrades I've made, this one is truly the best so far.