Selle SMP Pro Saddle

Selle SMP Pro Saddle

Endorsed by physicians, the patented SMP saddle features an extra wide channel that eliminates pelvic floor pressure and restores blood flow to surrounding tissue.

[Nov 18, 2012]
jSatch

Strength:

perineum relief

expensive (imported?)
a little to firm for me
wish they made a mtn bike specific model

took a couple of rides to get used to and adjust the position, but much less pressure where it counts.
pricy saddle, nice leather, construction seems good.
best for xc/long distance riders. a little to firm for me. i went with the hybrid model. more padding, more comfy, vinyl cover for easy care. less expensive too. has held up to some crashes, jumps and stuff.
these replaced my wtb pure v saddle due to prostate issues. wish i did it before.

lots of saddles. much less pressure that channel type of seats.

[Sep 20, 2012]
jonshonda

Strength:

Yes, it is very expensive, but its the only saddle that doesn't make me go numb.

I had the summer of 7 saddles, everything in specialized lineup, and a brooks B17 too. All of them could not provide the comfort I needed. I don't know if I have larger than normal testies, but they always seemed to not have enough room.

I have always been fitted with a 155 saddle, so I wasn't sure the SMP Pro would be wide enough ( the dealer said through convention out the window with these saddles, there is nothing else like them out there). Well, went to the local SMP dealer, who threw one on my bike and put me on the trainer. My balls knew from the minute I sat on the saddle we were heading in the right direction. FINALLY, they had a perch ( aka the eagles beek). Now to see if I was going to go numb....please please, don't go numb.

After about 20minutes on the trainer I hopped off and guess what, I walked out the door with my new saddle. THANKS!!!

[May 30, 2012]
Nick

Strength:

Comfortable Saddle after getting used to it. You find that only your seat bones are sitting on the rear flat part of the saddle and everything else has no weight on it. You can ride all day without soreness in the saddle.

It is expensive, but it makes your ride more enjoyable, and you can ride longer with no soreness, so thats worth it.

I had problems with other saddles, that after 25/30 kms or so, they would start to hurt.
When I got this saddle, it felt hard at first, but after about 5 rides I got used to it.
Your seat bones are sitting on the flat rear part of the saddle and there is no weight anywhere else. My seat bones were sore initially but once used to it, there was no soreness.
Make sure you sit on it properly. With my bike I have the saddle slightly tilted up, so when Im on it and the suspension sags, it sits flat. You dont want to fall into the middle of the saddle.
You may find it hard to sit on at first, but persevere, your seat bones will get used to taking all the weight.
For technical sections, I find myself lowering the seatpost as the saddle is hard to get behind sometimes.
Also if youre going to spend money on this saddle and you dont know anything about bike fit, spend a bit more to get yourself fitted to your bike.

Lots of different WTB saddles

[Jul 20, 2010]
matteorollino@yahoo.com

Strength:

quality

price

doctors said i could not ride any longer due to very early prostate problems...after a few funky looking saddles that would obstruct basic movements (spongywonder.com)i decided to try smp...i started with the lower end "strike" (30 EUR)....amazed, no pains...moved up to plus (150 eur)...amazed again, the saddle was even better...i now ride pro, i was scared it would not be wide enough but this is so far the best smp I have tried. Expensive piece of gear, but then again possibly the most essential when riding. Worth every penny for the riding pleasure. In conclusion...value for money? Maybe not:smp charges a fortune for this stuff. Value for riding confort? 100000000000000% positive

smp strike, smp plus

[Jun 01, 2009]
Hospital

Strength:

The left hand side rail on this saddle collapsed. I'm a Cross Country rider no huge jumps or bumps. Returned saddle to LBS they called the new OZ rep for Selle and he wanted to debate with them regarding replacing a rail on a 300.00 saddle that is 6 months old.

This saddle is garbage for the price. If it fails and your in Australia the new OZ rep will want to send it back to Italy to have them debate the warranty with you. Come on Selle if you advertise a saddle as being the best then make it last a little longer than 6 months. Me I will never purchase from Selle again.

[Jul 11, 2008]
Hummbird

Strength:

The greatest saddle ever as far as I am concerned. Period. All other saddles even when broken in still generate some kind of pain. This one is totally pain free. Seriously, no pain, of any kind, well maybe a bit of wallet pain.

PRICE, no question the only thing that hurts about this saddle is paying for it.

Have to ding the price on value, but this saddle makes me want to ride more, longer, and harder. If you can stomach the price buy the saddle and you will never understand why anyone would ride anything else.

Never knew I could be so passionate about a saddle.

Selle Flite Carbon Rail, Numereous WTB saddles, a bunch more I can't even remember