Selle SMP Lite 209 Saddle

• Padding: foamed elastomer
  • Casing: nylon 12 charged with carbon fibre
  • Frame: AISI 304 tubular steel

gonzalez_p   Cross Country Rider [Sep 19, 2017]
Strength:

Comfort. Nice looks.

Pricey...but worth it.

I bought this saddle because of other reviews. The saddle needs to be comfortable or you might subconsciously prefer to mow the lawn, or walk the dog, while your bike sits there neglected. This saddle is great. I ride for about two ours twice a week on some pretty tough trails. My bike is an XC titanium hardtail with carbon handlebars so I feel everything. I never experience pain on my posterior nor do I get numbing on my nethers. I like it so much that I'm getting another for my roadbike. I know that when I was doing my research the Selle website had a sizing chart. I suggest you start there to ensure you get the best possible ride for your body type. I'm a very muscular 195, 5'6 male. I ride for freedom and I love it.

Similar Products Used: AU enduro
older'nslower   Cross Country Rider [Dec 14, 2013]
Strength:

Super comfortable while being narrow enough to move around on. Firm padding. High quality construction.

Price. These are expensive. Blame the Italian guild system I guess.

Hands down the best saddle I've owned in twenty years of riding. If you've ever had prostate problems, this saddle delivers what others promise - albeit at a hefty price (like $250). This particular model is curvy, which means that you'll need to find its sweet spot on the rails before the full benefit will kick in. I liked it so much, I eventually bought its less padded brother, the Dynamic for my road bike. Since I've been using them, I haven't been back to the doctor for any prostate issues (usually not an issue for young guys, but if you can afford it, view it as prevention). Some retailer's will allow you to demo one before ponying up the cash for a purchase. That's what I did before I committed the cabbage for this baby. If you want a pretty good description of the different models, see Steve Hogg's website.
If you're considering one of their saddles, I can't recommend the lower end models that you see on some of the online retailers' websites. I first ordered one of the cheaper ones thinking that I would try to get away with spending less cash. I immediately returned it. I think that there are better saddles out there in that price range. Either go all the way or buy something else.

Similar Products Used: WTB Vigo, Specialized Romin
Spectre   Cross Country Rider [Oct 07, 2011]
Strength:

Very comfortable saddle overall. The cut out is very effective at taking care of numbness problems down there. The saddle puts pressure on your sitbones and takes away most of the pressure elsewhere.

Not so lightweight, but weight is reasonable. Expensive even compared to other high priced saddles

Great saddle, but note that your sitbones will be sore after longer rides until you get used to the saddle.

Similar Products Used: Selle Italia Turbo, Flite, Flite Trans Am, Selle SMP Glider
Ejglenn   Weekend Warrior [Jul 27, 2009]
Strength:

I bought the SMP lite 209 after much research and after much numbness and other negative effects to anatomical areas needing good blood flow. I do the Make-A-Wish 300 mile ride each year, which is three centuries back to back for three days. Last year I rode the saddle that came with my bike, after which I seriously considered going to my urologist to see what was going on with my "male functions" or lack thereof. I did some on line research and discovered what was going on based on my symptoms. After recovering fully in a few days, I decided to purchase a new saddle. In short, I looked at many, sat on many and chose the Selle Lite 209. I rode the WAM this year with no ill side effects of being in the saddle for three hundred miles except the expected sore butt. I recommend this style of saddle to any male who has experienced disfunction after many hours in the saddle. Get fitted for the proper width and select the seat with cushion that best suits you. I would suspect that women can experience the same benefits. If you are a roadie, this is the saddle for you.

Haven't experienced any.

My bike is fast and nimble and now I have an excellent saddle to take me the distance. If I had two butts, I'd buy a second one!