Selle SMP Composit Saddle

Selle SMP Composit Saddle

The Selle SMP Strike Composit saddle is designed from extensive studies conducted which analyzed the different positions assumed by a cyclist in the various phases of a ride and the constant interaction between the body and the saddle. Based on these findings, Selle SMP designed the STRIKE saddle which prevents the cyclist’s sensitive areas from getting squashed and increases the blood flow to the leg muscles.

[Dec 22, 2010]
tkehler

Strength:

Light, comfy, but see below

This is a great saddle ... for a road bike. The geometry is such that you should be leaning forward considerably. (This is not a weakness as such, just be sure to put it on the right bike.)

I bought another one of these Composit saddles but it doesn't really work on a XC hardtail, because you're not leaning forward to the same extent as on a road bike. So I put the Selle SMP Glider back on the hardtail: now we're talking!

Many saddles

[Feb 13, 2010]
kamikaze0

Strength:

Exceptionally comfortable for hours of cycling.

None that I have experienced.

I have the Selle SMP Composit Saddle which is a nylon/carbon shell with only leather stretched over it, no padding of any kind.

Amazing biomechanical engineering. I wonder why all saddles aren't made this way. I'm 168 pounds (76kg) and 6'1" (185cm).

Without padding you would think it is uncomfmortable, but it is the most comfortable saddle I have ever had. You can be cycling for hours and never get numb. You ride on your pelvic bone and not the soft tissue.

[May 21, 2009]
waynohh

Strength:

Depending on position, you can completely reduce pressure on areas you choose.

Takes longer than normal to correctly set up.

The instructions tell you to initially set the saddle dead level which I suspect is perfect for a female but no good for me. I like to have portion of the saddle directly behind the nose level. So that the saddle looks like this - nose down, middle level, back raised. Basically all the pressure is on my sit bones, none on the boys. This would rule out any DH because the back is raised so far.

Selle SMP Strike Extra