Selle San Marco Ponza Saddle

• Microfiber Cover
  • Lightweight Hollow CroMoly Rails
  • Nylon-Charged Polypropylene Shell

mtb4123   Cross Country Rider [Oct 10, 2010]
Strength:

Excellent Quality
Comfortable on both short and longer rides
Looks awesome
No soreness

None So Far

I don't have the same saddle pictured but it the same version of it.

Great all round saddle. Good for both road and mountain biking. Doesn't get in the way on the trails and dries really quickly. Wouldn't buy any other saddle. This is seriousely good. Very happy with it!

Similar Products Used: Standard seat that came with the bike
Wilson   Racer [Feb 17, 2010]
Strength:

Looks nice. I think the brand has a pretty good reputation, over-all.

comfort

After 1500 road miles on this saddle, I'm ready to remove it. It still looks fine, but it is the most uncomfortable saddle I've ever owned. I'm 5'11" and weigh around 200 or 205 with thick legs. Maybe my sitbones are too wide for this saddle or something, I'm not sure. I am sure that I (after about 3 years of serious riding) have learned what saddle sores are with this saddle. I do like it's looks, but it is going to have to go. Make sure it fits you because I don't like it much at all.

Similar Products Used: I've had two other "modestly" priced saddles
Jesse   Weekend Warrior [Feb 03, 2010]
Strength:

VERY comfortable on short and long rides, excellent value.

This is my SECOND Ponza Lux seat I have bought in the last 2 years. I sold the 1st one and that was a BIG mistake! I had a mountain bike with a Forte Carbon Pro SLX saddle, but that seat was sold with the bike, so back to the Ponza. Excellent value and great investment.

Similar Products Used: Selle San Marco Era, Forte Carbon Pro SLX
hmorsi   Cross Country Rider [Oct 01, 2009]
Strength:

- Great quality racing saddle for the price.
- Comfortable enough for long rides (with some minor adjustment)
- Looks great

As with most racing saddles, some comfort is sacrificed for the low-profile design.

This saddle was absolutely painful on longer rides until I slightly lowered the nose.

Similar Products Used: Various other saddles by Selle Italia, WTB and Fizik
Zachariah   Cross Country Rider [Sep 16, 2009]
Strength:

-Long, sloping nose ideal for sustained climbs
-Thick, dense EVA foam padding has the perfect amount of shock absorption, without creating pressure and numbness
-Sleek Italian design
-Sturdy Lorica covering can withstand trail abuse and dries extremely quick
-Saddle is comfortable enough for road century rides
-Cannot beat the sub-$40 MSRP

-Weight...heavy at 288 grams, but overall comfort OVERRIDES this trivial weight weenie gripe.

As you can see- I am a hopeless weight weenie who has tried almost EVERY lightweight saddle out there, seeking the perfect mix of epic ride/marathon comfort and light weight.

Throughout my saddle evaluations, I learned the HARD WAY certain compromises must be made. Like everybody says, "your mileage may vary." However, I reached the conclusion the San Marco Ponza Lux is comfortable enough to ride 5+ hours and/or 100 miles, with nary a sore. Unbelievable to think a $39 MSRP saddle beat out ones costing hundreds more!

What's the secret? The firm yet flexy composite shell and choice of materials is what makes this saddle a real winner. Remember, the Ponza Lux is almost identical to the supremely exquisite San Marco Era K saddle.

Designed in Italy and made in Asia is what makes this perch a total value. I have spent hundreds of dollars buying, trying and changing saddles looking for something that is not an ass hatchet. Count this one out!!!