Selle Royal HT Wing Saddle

• Length: 266 mm
  • Width: 137 mm

• User Reviews (3)

Ben S.   Weekend Warrior [Feb 24, 2002]
    Strength:

This seat has lasted for nearly two years with no problems. The size of the seat makes for easy manuvering. Seems to have just the right of amount of padding. Plastic pieces on sides prevent scraping saddle material. Came standard on my bike. Cutout in the center has totally alleviated pressure in groin area. I keep thinking I should invest in a brand name seat with more bells and whistles, then I ride and forget all about it.

The nose juts straight out, resulting in snagging of shorts sometimes. The nose of the saddle could be turned down a bit to avoid snagging.

Good, basic cross-country seat.

Similar Products Used: None.
    Daniel McFarland   Weekend Warrior [Nov 25, 2002]
    Strength:

Its very strong, durable, and really comfortable.

NONE! there is no such thing as snagging of shorts with this saddle. i dont know what Ben S. is smokin...

I've gone through about five so far and this is the best I have ever ridden on. Its smooth and there is none of that pain when your sitting down the day after. Where all the other saddles fail this one shines. It supports everything that needs it.

Similar Products Used: everything else just fails to compare.
    John   Weekend Warrior [May 17, 2002]
    Strength:

Comfortable.
    Good control.
    Non-slip.
    No numbness.

It's yellow (my fault).

I don't like gel saddles. I feel like I'm falling off all the time. This saddle doesn't have that problem. I don't even feel the gel while I'm riding. But I don't get pressure point fatigue. There wasn't any break-in to speak of. This saddle is perfect for me in rough stuff where I'm up on the pedals and controlling with my thighs. It's a snap to drop off the back for the downhills. The plastic cover is much stickier than leather, so no sliding around.

And I don't pound the important stuff into jelly before the day is over. That's what the new seat was all about. The Bel Aire was a decent seat, but after a few hours, I was pounded bad. I kept dragging out the tools to adjust it, then putting them back because it was adjusted right already.

Now that it's no longer the hot ticket, the price is right. The shape is excellent for me (6'4", 240). The gel does the job without getting in the way. Sweet seat.