Selle Royal 4-All Gel Saddle

4-All Gel

Jordan   Weekend Warrior [Sep 03, 2001]
Strength:

very soft and avsorby

the seat got brittle and ripped and the gel flew all over, its heavy, rails creak after being used for a long time

Very good

Blazer   cross-country rider [Jul 20, 1998]

Picked up a Selle Royale 4-All gel to replace the useless shingle (Selle Italia Future) on my Norco Java (Easton ass-killer frame). What a difference! The seat cost $50 Canadian (about $3 US, with our crappy dollar) and made a great improvement on a great bike...now I can ride it for more than an hour at a time. Selle Italia makes great looking seats for poser jack-offs that drive a car to their ride site and spend 20 minutes in the saddle. For those of us who actually like to ride our bikes, I would recommend you try one of these lesser known Italian seats. Now get off the damn computer and put on some miles!

SJ   Weekend Warrior [Dec 11, 2000]
Strength:

-Well-designed
-Looks good
-I think the top is kevlar on mine....
-Narrow and easy to slide around on
-Came with a clamp for my rod seatpost(most higher-end seats don't include this feature--probably because the companies never thought it would be used on a low-end bike without a micro-adjust seatpost)

-HURTS LIKE HELL!!!!!Hard as a rock!
-Sharp ridge runs though saddle at the most sensitive parts
NOTE:I think I have an older version of this saddle.It's silver with a beaded kevlar(I think..)covering.Aviod this saddle,unless you like satisfying your masochistic urge!

Imagine a rock-hard wedge stuck up your ass...not pretty!

It's okay for short distances,but this seat is the proverbial iron maiden,as I found out after riding over 18 miles of mixed terrain(8 miles of singletrack soup,then a 10 mile trek on pavement with a bike that weighs as much as a damn Huffy).They could've put some more padding on this thing!Something,PLEASE!My tender bits are RAW!

Not a very good seat.No.

Similar Products Used: Specialized BG Sport(cushy,but not really suited for MTB),cheap and crappy Velo seats