Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Saddle

Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Saddle

The SLR saddle range from Selle Italia blends ethereal lightness with a semi-flat shape and just enough padding to please seasoned riders. They're some of our most popular saddles ever. The SLR Kit Carbonio Saddle is their second lightest saddle, and compared to the SLR C64 that bests it, the fact that it actually has some padding over the shell makes it a far better saddle for most of us. It uses braided, long-fiber carbon rails to save weight and give it a wicked 21st century look. The rails aren't alone in using carbon fiber. The injection molded shell is made of 30% carbon as well. Eva foam padding is lightweight and offers just enough support without leaving your soft parts feeling pressure from a too soft nose.The SLR Kit Carbonio Saddle is available with a Black or White Lorica cover. It is 131mm wide and 275mm long. Selle Italia vets for the fact that it's tough enough for both road and off-road usage.

[Oct 12, 2012]
Tank Birdfinder

Strength:

It is lightweight, Looks nice, fair amount of adjustment back to front, of good quality like other Selle Italia products.

Price is a large one, I would argue the SLR shape is different on this saddle over other SLR's that I currently own. Carbon rail print doesn't seem durable, rubs off almost immediately.

I own 4 Selle Italia saddles, admittedly two are identical. I normally ride the Selle Italia SLR Gel Flow. That's on my commutter bike and my MTB. I purchased this Carbonio for my race bike. It's O.K. I feel like the back of the saddle has been rounded off which places a little more pressure to the center. In Comparison a lot of people say the SLR Gel Flow is like sitting on plywood, I would agree and the shape fits my posterior so it's comfortable with minimal padding. This Carbonio is minimal padding as well, but picture instead of square plywood, rounded plywood so you always slip to one side of the other and if you are centered then there is more pressure. I do like the seat for climbing, the nose is comfortable, this seat does support my "sit bones" in proper position. I've ridden a couple centuries on it and had minimal soreness, I'm around 1000+ miles. I personally am annoyed at the "rounding affect" because I love the SLR Gel Flow so much. This saddle works well, just not as well. If you like the standard SLR Flow but wish for just a little more rounded seat you'll probably love this saddle. It's not like it's crap, I have ridden it over a 1000 miles now and it's still on the race bike. =)