Selle Italia Oktavia Saddle

Oktavia

OKTAVIA is an innovative saddle featuring elastomer technology developed by SELLE ITALIA. The rear “wing” suspension system included in the design of the saddle base ensures outstanding comfort. The elastomer laminated to the nylon base cushions the rider effectively and reduces road vibrations.

Bo Tosor   Weekend Warrior [Mar 08, 2002]
Strength:

looks stylie, quality construction

My butt says "ouch" when I sit on it.

Ouch. This seat looks cool but is really hard. I bought it because of its claims as a suspension wing design. Yeah right. Maybe it flexes and dampens vibration as it claims but my okole doesnt think so. If it wasnt so expensive, I would have tossed it. It does look nice but my butt doesnt care what it looks like.

Similar Products Used: koski fastback
Andy   Cross Country Rider [Feb 22, 2002]
Strength:

Filters vibrations on road ride. Grippy and secure. Light enough.

Uncomfortable early in ride, uncomfortable nose to perch on for steep climb

This saddle came with road bike. Tried it once on my MTB after breaking my old Flite. This one is pretty bad for mountain biking. It's OK on the road bike...it starts off pretty stiff but feels better as the ride wears on. Weird, most saddles feel worse after 3 hours, not this one.

Bad for MTB.
OK for road.

David Ford   Cross Country Rider [Jan 27, 2002]
Strength:

Looks comfortable, Italian design flair, easy to slide around on

Uncomfortable on long rides

Looks rauchy and purposeful, but after a while the soft gel beds down in the rear of the seat, leaving the centre of the seat pushing into your soft and delicate tissues. Ive gone back to the WTB, which is much harder but more supportive where you need it.

Similar Products Used: WTB SST, Coda
Gregg   Cross Country Rider [Sep 24, 2005]
Strength:

Light, can move around on and looks kool

To hard, hope it breaks in or you can buy it soon on ebay

If you have a hard but and want a light decent priced seat, buy it, you probably will be able to buy this one from me on ebay soon.

Similar Products Used: sella carbon 4,
a little heavy but very compfortible should have kept it
nash   Weekend Warrior [Apr 07, 2004]
Strength:

comfortable, hard but soft where you need it, a sweet, current looking seat, light, solid, gives when you need it, easy to find on the trail

i love this seat, it looks really nice and expensive, comfortable where you need it, i use it for trail riding and the mud and dust do not hurt the covering. it's an awesome seat. it feels hard at first but after a week it loosened up some and has a nice solid feel to let me put the power to the ground. my favorite piece on my bike.

nate   Racer [Dec 27, 2001]
Strength:

looks kinda cool

ouch! I cant have kids now!

this saddle came on my road bike and I hate it! It felt ok until I broke it in and then it just hurt. My gonads hurt my prostate is the size of a bowling ball. Ouch! Ouch!
buy a flite or a terry

Similar Products Used: flite, specialized, schwinn, alot
Adam W.   Weekend Warrior [Apr 13, 2003]
Strength:

Light, flexy enough for me, looks sweet, slightly raised where the sitbones sit

Too much padding in the center, forward of where contact should actually be taking place (my same gripe with the Flite)

I wasn't going to review my saddle, b'cuz hey, different strokes for different folks, y'know? But this thing was getting torn to shreds by reviewers and I didn't happen to agree, so I'm gonna try to up the rating to get it noticed. Can't hurt to try it; like the dude below says, find a shop that has one and get 'em to put it on a bike that you test-ride before you shell out the $$$s to own this thing. That, or find a shop that'll let you exchange saddles until you find something that agrees with you. I figured it would be close to the Prolink I've got on my road bike, and I was right. It happens to agree with me. Try it, you might like it. (oh, and not to specifically slag anyone on the boards, but anyone dumb enough to order a saddle mail-order without having tried it first deserves what they get. that's what an LBS is FOR, yo.)

Similar Products Used: Prolink genuine gel (road bike), titec berserker (freeride bike), I used a wtb saddle before this on my xc rig and it was fine but way too heavy
Rob Culler   Cross Country Rider [Jan 07, 2006]
Strength:

very light and easy to move around on.works very well with my set up.easy to break in and comfortable

starting to come apart around edges and creaks a little

Love this seat! It really wroks for me.I am a very large guy and this seat really works for me in more ways than I can explain.

Similar Products Used: selle italia flite,specailized BG
Aantiix   Weekend Warrior [Oct 15, 2003]
Strength:

Light weight, flexes just enough, firm yet very comfortable.

Not much room for seat bag.

I use the Lady version of this seat and this is by far the most comfortable seat I have tried. At first if feels a bit stiff but once you are on the seat... very comfortable for both short and long rides. The Selle plastic tags are on the edge of the seat and I'm told that the butt bones of people with wider pelvis' actually sit on those tags making it uncomfortable for them. If you have a smaller pelvis this is definatly a seat to checkout.

Bazza   Racer [Jan 16, 2003]
Strength:

Looks good, might be good for some people because (to view it) it seems ok. Has elastomer majobbies underneath & genuinely does flex, got those genuine-gel patches which are supposed to be good too, and feels quite well padded to touch.

All the above fooled me into buying it, my sit bones make a solid connection with somewhere through the padding and I found the only way to ride it was to have it pointed down quite a lot. (This is on my road bike by the way). Even then I get numb and it feels like the power is zapped out of me.

If u possibly can, try a bike with one - I knew within seconds of fitting it (rails are too scratched then to return the thing) 6months later I still put up with it because I couldn't afford another after just building up my bike.
Getting an SLR soon because they have extremely good reviews & even if not as comfortable for me, at least I'll still have something great for short races/hill climbs.

Similar Products Used: Selle Bassano Vuelta Italy something (15000 miles, still comfy, though it is ripped to bits now). Cheap Nitrox saddle. Selle Italia Flite Titanium. Rolls.