Selle Italia NT1 Gel Saddle

NT1 Gel

• Covering in synthetic leather
  • 100% waterproof, elasticity and softness
  • Pads in silicone gel with differentiated thickness
  • Differentiated-thickness padding
  • Shell made from Rylsan and Nylon N6

Murries   Weekend Warrior [Mar 25, 2010]
Strength:

Cheap
Waterproof
Light
You could use it to club someone to death

Hard, Padding is so thin it may as well not exist, causes instant discomfort.

I bought this to replace my ageing Selle Royal Gel saddle, the cover had torn and every time it rained, it took on a lot of water.
Having found it to be in my pricerange and the few reviews i could find being mostly positive, i bought this thinking that it would be a perfect replacement for my old saddle, still had gel pads, but was thinner, which i wanted as my old seat was rather too wide.
Fitted easy enough, rain hasnt bothered it a jot, takes on no water at all, but it may be the most uncomfortable thing i've ever sat on, it is literally solid.
It seems like it's only purpose on a bike is to prevent you accidentally sitting on the seatpost, and even then that may be of equal comfort.
I haven't ridden on it long enough for it to bed in, if it indeed has a bedding in period, because it has literally bruised hell out of me trying to ride with it.
Sadly I really cant reccommend this saddle to anyone, for any reason at all, replacing it with a Brooks B.67.

3 Chillis for the price (which for a saddle that worked would be good)
But 1 overall for the fact its unrideable.

Similar Products Used: Selle Royal Gel was my previous saddle
OVERALL
Dan   Racer [Jun 23, 2008]
Strength:

softness even after a long ride (120km)

have not found one

it's a good price for an even better product. I have tried a lot af saddles, even an ism race. This should be an painless saddle(not)i had pain for the rest of the weekend after a ride of 45km.

selle italia nt1 is the one for me.