Selle Italia Max Flite Trans Am Saddle

Max Flite Trans Am

Selle Italia Max Flight Trans Am

Jason Ryan   Cross Country Rider [Aug 27, 2003]
Strength:

Well contructed, good leather, nice length

It kills me to even looks at the thing, very uncomfortable,

I am a bigger guy and I have never gotten use to this saddle. After being on the bike for over an hour i almost can't take the pain anymore. If you weight a 150 pounds may be great for you. I have moved seat up down back and forth and never comfortable. I will say though the construction is good. I just can't see you anyone who rides distance offroad cant stand this saddle

gaaaaa   Cross Country Rider [Aug 27, 2003]
Strength:

it's light

ahhhhh! it hurts! it hurts! sometimes i wonder if they really made the base out of nylon.

i'm pretty light at 55kg, and it's the worst when i'm actually just sitting, cruising down an asphalt hill...oh the pain.

yes what i have IS a selle italia, it IS a trans am, and it IS a flite. there aren't much around that look like it.

i got it cheap 2nd hand, so i'm happy to let it go
but do try it first before u consider it (hefty price tag)...and try it well!

Similar Products Used: wtb super v, specialsed bg, rocket v
Kenneth D.   Cross Country Rider [Aug 25, 2003]
Strength:

Lightweight Ti Rails, Slim Design, Sharp Look, Tough.

Some break in time

The saddle soaks up some of the little bumps, it's a slim sleek design, lightweight. After the break-in it's great on the sit bones, but it does take time to break in. At NO point did I feel any... 'special' discomfort, and I ride long and hard. Take your time to find the sweet spot, adjust carefully, It's a great seat, the Serface RX now feels Way too cushy, I can feel the presure from the Serface where quite frankly it isn't welcome, it also feels like it's diggin into... enough of that.

Get the Selle Italia Trans Am with ti rails. A great improvement.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Stock, Serfas RX Gel saddle.
mistermoto   Cross Country Rider [Aug 31, 2007]
Strength:

Comfy, tough through alot of abuse

Heavy

I was given this saddle 2+ years ago from a buddy who got it on his Maverick. He hated it and so I thought I'd give it a go. I wasn't sure for the first week or so, (coulda been that I was out of shape and my azz hadn't seen a saddle in months too). After the first week it got better, and better.
It has held up great, no peeling, no tears, it just works.

I like it so well I just bought another for my roadie. Granted, i'm not a little guy either, 5'11 and 215#, but hey I like it.

Similar Products Used: Titec Bersker, SDG, FSA, WTB
Ed   Cross Country Rider [Apr 06, 2004]
Strength:

Comfortable; Relatively light (for the cush); tough construction

This saddle is the best I've ever ridden (8+ years of hardcore riding). I switched over about 3 years ago from a Specialized Body Geometry that was comfortable but falling apart. This seat is comfortable and extremely durable. I even bought a second one a year ago so I'd have one for both my hardtail and full suspension.

Similar Products Used: WTB; Specialized BG; Selle San Marcos
Brian   Cross Country Rider [Feb 28, 2002]
Strength:

Like the classic Flite saddle, but easier on your prostate. Lightweight and Italian craftsmanship. I have the Trans-am, no the Max Flite Trans-am

Firm saddle-takes time to get used to.

Originally bought it for my new road bike and now I use it on both trails and the road. Great seat. I didn't think they could make a better seat than the Flite I have been riding for the last 8 years, but those Italians know what they are doing. It's the national sport over there.

Similar Products Used: Flite saddle
TBone   Cross Country Rider [Dec 03, 2001]
Strength:

lightweight, doesn't make my junk numb

It's scary at first, due to it being a very hard saddle however; after a handfull of rides and some adjustment you'll love it. My numbness is virtually gone! Very comfortable, puts your body weight on your ass bone, where it belongs. I'm seeing some wear on the sides of the seat but that's to be expected considering it see's my backside for about 45 miles a week. Well worth the $$.

Rich   Racer [Feb 21, 2002]
Strength:

Comfortable, balanced, looks great!

There is no and let me repeat no! product support. They claim to warrant this and that is a flat out lie.

The boys at Village Bike in Hobe Sound,Fl. are solid,great riders and very customer oriented. I had seen a review of this product on the OLN. I orderd it and broke a rail after five months. I spoke to Mike and Bob at Sella italia they said (without ever meeting me or asking about my ability) that I was a poor rider and that if they crashed their car into a telephone pole would they expect the dealer to pay for repair. I told them that I was Riding a MTB not driving a car,So then Mike says your mount on your seat post is too square(Once again they do no not ask what type of seat post I have,they just so how know that it is too square) I explain that I have a New Rok Shox suspension post and that the mounts are rounded,,his reply they are not round enough! Well the conversation went on like this for another five minutes with their intimation that some how I was to blame for their inability to stand behind their product. Needless to say I 'm done with such a pathetic group of suits that odviously forgot about what it means to honor one's word

Run do not walk! to anyone's product that competes for your hard earned dollars

Similar Products Used: Bontrager,Specialized
David   Weekend Warrior [Feb 12, 2002]
Strength:

your mojo spots will thank you. the hole does make riding a bit better, but only when sitting at the back.

when climbing you have to change the riding position to forward. but this f***** saddle does not allow any movment.also to wide rear end, when descenting over obstacles I constantly hit the saddle with my inner leg side. imposible to overcome it. way too expensive. false design for mtb.

this sit suck. it gave me a sore but after 45mins. i thought it would break in, but it didn't. from the begining the only problem was, it beeing to hard. And after couple of months, instead of leather breaking in, the whole sit became more elastic. so when i sit at the back end of the sit, I kinda slip in the sit center, because whole sit curves. lifting the front end up does not help either. so when climbing or not it always puts me in the sit center and the pain there in between is even bigger than on my old XO. I hate this sit. I think all is that in-bulit elastomers fault. Because of them sit bents. Sold this crap to a friend (a roadie), he likes it better. I got myself an XO trans am (low quality rubber sit) and it works much better then this alien-titanium-expensive sit. Iz might work for some, but I strongly recomend test it first for a longer period. Not a day or two (at the shop). But a month or two (from a dissapointed mtbiker). four chillies for good lookin (like it matters...) and none for design, none for performance. owerall I would give it zero if I could. mtbikers don't buy, i think it's better to put a piece of wood with a hole in the middle on your bike. it feels practicaly the same. And for those who like this sit - I hope you know how lucky you are.