Selle Italia Karve Saddle

Selle Italia Karve Saddle

This "oversized" saddle retains all the elements of styling and design found in streamlined models but is 15% larger than traditional models. Intended mainly for downhill enthusiasts, the KARVE will find favor with other cyclists too and lacks nothing in performance.

[Aug 18, 2003]
Hope Liss

Strength:

Comfortable, I have never felt uncomfortable on this saddle.
Made of leather
Mine has the Marzocchi logo on it
The nose is fat and very comfortable, I could sit on it all day long.

This saddle is da bomb. Its not overly cushy but its not hard by any means. This is the coolest looking saddle by far if that means anything to you. Never have to even think about this saddle while riding, its perfect.

None similar

[Nov 06, 2006]
Kyle Burghart

Strength:

Comfortable as hell. I love this seat. I have the version that has the Marzocchi logo on the top of it so it looks really well.

The lettering on the front of the saddle is wearing away.

This is a great saddle for anything under 4 hours after that it gets a little hot and hard. The kevalar is strong but not to breathable.

Stock saddle's
Azonic

[Dec 27, 2001]
Anthony

Strength:

Cool Marzocchi logo stiched on top, kevlar side patches, pretty long, and little markers on the rails to help center it.

Its not the softest seat that I've used.

This seat is made for down hill so it can take some abuse with its kevlar side patches you know it will not tear on crashes. Its pretty long so that can be helpfull at times. What it lacks in comfort it makes up for it with its coolnes factor.

SDG Grand Prix, WTB

[Aug 20, 2003]
BAN ss

Strength:

excellent confort for my chaffing behind. No need to wear not straight biking shorts when i use this saddle. Lighter than Azonic Loves seat and other freeriding saddles.

hmm not too light either at 350 grams. But then again we freeriding and roadbiking. Expensive compared to Azonic Lover seat.

Great no, execellent freeriding seat. Provide good size (longer length) and good materials (leather) makes my buddochs happy.

WTB- and other behind chaffing seats

[Jun 02, 2004]
Joe King

Strength:

Very comfortable
Provides the perfect amount of cush
High quality materials
Durable
Large size

Could use a tougher material around the edge where the saddle frequently contacts other surfaces.
Expensive

This is the only saddle I will use. It is perfect or all applications.

WTB

[Sep 26, 2002]
HeadFirst

Strength:

Durable, Kevlar sides, Beefy, Soft, Looks awesome.

This saddle ROCKS! I may just be me but it seems to be infinitely more comfortable than the Serfas couch that I was riding before. Though it did start out a little stiff, after only a few rides the leather is breaking in very nicely and becoming nice and supple, and is ergonomically grooved in the rear to boot. The extra length is great when manuevering in tight situations. We'll see how it holds up over the long haul. Anyone should be able to enjoy this seat, especially rough riders.

Serfas, Bontrager

[Apr 19, 2002]
Fatmat

Strength:

Comfort

Broke rails, Hollow rails on a downhill saddle?

This seat came with my bike, and after oh I don't know 1-1/2 months I snapped the rails on it! The rails are hollow which makes no sense for a downhill saddle. I switched back to my Berserker and it's great.

Flite Ti, Beserker DH Ti

[Nov 19, 2002]
Cory

Strength:

Cheap!!
Not ridiculously heavy
Not tacky
Comes in a non-leather version
comfy

none, i guess

I had this on my '02 Stinky Primo, kept it for this bike. It's a very comfortable saddle, tough, comes in a non-leather version (for those that like animals) and is cheap.
What more are you looking for?

Titec Berserker, SDG grand prix, Tioga stuff