Selle Italia Flite Gel Saddle

Selle Italia Flite Gel Saddle

These saddles offer a sculpted, modern look withThe addition of gel padding for comfort. 140mm wide Mens cutTi Rails

[Aug 22, 2003]
Juan

Strength:

Stiffness, Gel pads help a little. Not much, but they do. Ti rails, length and width of the seat.

None yet

After 1 year of riding, I upgraded my bike and the saddle was one due for upgrade, I purchased the Serfas Gel saddle since I wasn't used to riding and well, comfort is what it's all about in the begining, but now, I needed something better, the serfas was too wide for me to move easily, and I had gotten used to riding for long times. Before my first ride I was anxious to see what it would be like to ride a hard saddle, but when I rode I didn't even notice it. I think it is due to me riding so much and getting used to it. This saddle is definetely for someone who has been riding for a while, and is used to riding, comfort will not be an issue with long time riders, it is easy to move around in, and the gel helps a bit, and I like the way it looks on my bike. So if you are still getting used to riding, or just like soft comfy seats, buy a full gel seat like the serfas, but if you like performance and have been riding for a while, get this one.
Jax priced matched Supergo, since supergo was out of them, at $59 you can't loose!

Serfas Dual Density full Gel saddle

[May 21, 2003]
Krzysztof Bernady

Strength:

comfort, Ti rails (*cool*)

if something, then weight

This saddle was bought as a replecament of standard OEM Giant saddle and as it is, it works - now I can nearly forget about saddle, because it's very comfortable, what means I can ride all day without any pains after.

I suspect GelFlow insert does not add much comfort, but only price to the saddle. My next saddle will be without gelflow version (and it will be lighter and cheaper too)

Giant

[Aug 03, 2007]
Clay Spradlin

Strength:

looks good

too hard, shouls say ACME Brick Co. on the side

I used to think the reason my toes were going numb was beacuse of my cheap (Sette) riding shoes. So I got a good pair and guess what, still going numb after 30 - 40 min in the saddle. Talked to my LBS, we decided it was the concrete disaster that I was sitting on was putting pressure on my Siatic Nerve/s causing the numbness. I order a Brooks B17, it will be here on Monday, cant wait to try it out. Break-In cant be worse than this thing.

N/A

[Mar 21, 2006]
Todd

Strength:

Light, nice shape, nice look

I'm a 210lb cross country rider.

I started using this seat and loved it immediately. I've read other complaints about how much it hurts and am wondering if this seat comes with and without a centre cutout. The one I have has one.

This isn't your mama's gel seat. This is a stiff racing seat that gives a bit of gel and flex for cushioning. If your strong on your legs and don't sit hard on your saddle, you should have no problems liking this seat. It's long for multi-positions and is a great addition to any bike looking to go light and fast. Best saddle I've used for sport/racing.

lots

[Mar 13, 2002]
Fiona Tester

Strength:

Light weight and strong Ti rails

Possible a little hard for casual users

This is certainly the most comfortable saddle I have used. The Flite is is a saddle that you have to break in and mould to your butt. You need to be a regular cyclist to keep your bottom accustomed to it. Generally I find that ladies saddles are much too wide and squidgy and rub terribly if you are in the saddle more that a couple of hours. I have been a flite ride for over 6 years so that says something.

WTB and Rolls in the early years

[Mar 10, 2002]
chuck

Strength:

Product name.

Hard as a rock. Not comfortable.

Hard and uncomfortable.

Specilized, Cannondale,Vetta

[Nov 27, 2001]
CHUCK "GATORMAN" COOK

Strength:

VERY LIGHT WEIGHT,LOOKS AWESOME.AND THE KEVLER SIDES SAVES THE SEAT.

A REAL LIGHT COATING IS RUBBING OFF,BUT IT'S NOT CHANGING THE COLOR AT ALL.IT'S ONLY ON THE GEL PATCHES.

THIS IS A HARD SEAT, EVEN WITH THE GEL.BUT GIVE IT TIME AND IT WILL COME AROUND TO YOU.PLUS IT LOOKS FAST.IF YOU HAVE A SOFT -SS DON'T BYE THIS SEAT.

SAN MARCO

[Feb 17, 2002]
Dan

Strength:

Well made with Ti rails so its light. The price is good for the quality you get.

The saddle has plenty of room to move around on. Its light, its tough enough to stand up to abuse. I often do two to three hour rides and haven't had any problems using this saddle.

It is a hard saddle, and I'm in and out of the saddle often, so that aspect doesn't bother me.

Koobi, Fizik, Arc, etc.

[Jan 30, 2002]
John

Strength:

construction, Italian styling and weight

What gel? My old flite Ti saddle is much more comfortable.

After living with this saddle for over a year, I'll give it three flaming cat terds. The construction, weight and overall good looks of this saddle are nearly unmatched; however, after any moderate to long ride your taint and butt are going to be aching. For value, and many of the same positive attributes, consider the basic Flite Ti saddle.

Flite Ti

[Jan 23, 2002]
joel

Strength:

looks, style, construction, weight

pain.

I tried, I really, really tried to love this seat but after a year I had to finally admit that no matter how beautiful it is - it hurts like hell. Yes, I wear padded shorts, but the pretty stitching rubs the thighs anyway and your bottom is sore. It's a very narrow seat (it's really a road saddle)and the gel does nothing but provide more pretty stitching to hurt you. You get off the thing after a long ride and you've got burns on your thighs and your butt hurts - bottom line. I have to say it's worse than the stock WTB saddle on the Big Sur - and that one hurts. It's a pitty because the Gel TI is so well made and it looks great - but don't buy it if you ride more than 30 mins. a day. 2 chllis just for the looks.

WTB saddles