Sella Italia Trimatic Gel Saddle

Italia Trimatic Gel

Sella Italia Trimatic Gel

Slick Hick   Downhiller [Jan 21, 2009]
Strength:

Cheap, Solid build, Comfortable but not plush and squishy

no radio. Not really any better than much cheaper saddles, probably just paying for looks or brand name.

Used on a bike that doubles as a pump track/mini DJ crapkicker and is used for herding cattle and the occasional chicken. All in all, suits my needs perfectly.

Similar Products Used: Turbos, Turbomatic 4, cheap Velo, a Bontrager or two
Dru   Weekend Warrior [Dec 13, 2001]
Strength:

Beautifully made. Great quality and attention to detail.
Reasonably light. Works great on my road bike.

Just doesn't work on my mountainbike.
Feels too narrow and very hard.
The little Tri Matic stickers rub off easily

This saddle works so good on my road bike I'll never change it, but the one on my Bianchi MTB is awful.
Have just finished testing a whole bunch of saddles for my 2 MTB's .........and am going with San Marco Aero.
It's a little wider than the flite with a rounder snout, and it just fits me. Which of course is all that matters, so why are you reading someone elses opinion ?
Difficult to rate.
Roadbike: 5 spontaneously combusting caterpillars
MTB: 3
So split the difference

Similar Products Used: Koski, Spesh Body Geom, San Marco Aero, Italia Flite, Italia ONDA
William Millard   Cross Country Rider [Sep 10, 2001]
Strength:

Looks cool, reasonable price, very comfortable

After a long ride, it is kind of like peeing with someone elses tackle

Very comfortable, so there is no problem with riding, the problem is later in the evening when you still haven't got any feeling where you whould have. Much worse on my road bike obviously. Maybe it's just me, but these things are a little worrying.

Similar Products Used: Titec baserker, flight, specialised body geometry
Art Salmons   Weekend Warrior [Sep 18, 2000]
Strength:

I put it on this weekend and did a 20 mile ride. My butt usually hurts after that but I didn't notice it with the new addle. I guess that's the best compliment I can give it. It looks great too.

None so far

A great looking comfortable saddle. It looks thin and that scares you at first but while riding it seems very comfortable. This saddle gives you support where yo need it and you don't know it's there. I like it a lot and think that it was a great upgrade to my bike. I would recommend it to anyone. The gel patches work and it's a great looking saddle to boot.

Similar Products Used: Coda 900, Oasis that came on my Trek bike
kevin   Cross Country Rider [Apr 23, 2001]
Strength:

light weight, nice looks, withstands mud/water/crashes, rail absoprtion, clearance on climbing. I think you have to prefer slimmer saddles to appreciate this one.

It could be more comfortable but what do you expect from a performance saddle? A couch?

Purchased online based on the good reviews here although I noticed on the message boards some negatives. The first few rides, I noticed some soreness after 2+ hours but it eventually broke in nicely and I don't even think about it. The gel padding is very minimal, however, if you have the least amount of gel in your cycling shorts it should provide a high level of comfort. The best part is that it's light, durable, and very nice looking and way better than the WTB SSK I had before. I'm sure there are other comparable choices but Selle Italia has won me over. In the offseason, you can find one for under $50!

Similar Products Used: SDG, WTB
Dave   Weekend Warrior [Mar 10, 2001]
Strength:

good construction, rail "damping" works

too narrow for me, not enough "cush"

I purchased this seat based on the reviews I read-obviously what works for one person doesn't for all. Though the seat is a well made quality seat, it seems to narrow and too firm. I found this seat very uncomfortable and couldn't recommend it.

Similar Products Used: various makes/models of seat-this is my 5th
Stu Pidasso   Cross Country Rider [Nov 20, 2000]
Strength:

Very well made. Durable. The vibration damper works as advertised.

Gel insert is useless. It does not help in any way.

This thing was worlds better than my OEM saddle, but after months of daily use it just plain hurts! The shaping is all wrong. It slopes to the sides too much near the back. Not enough support of the sit bones. It's supposed to be one of these great new "comfort saddles", but it puts more pressure on the center region than any standard saddle. I only paid like 35 bucks for it, so I guess I got what I paid for.

Similar Products Used: CODA brick, SDG BelAir
Allan   Weekend Warrior [Sep 05, 2000]
Strength:

Comfort/Price/Looks

None at this time

Rear was killing me with Bontrager and cheap Trek saddle and experiencing numbness. Read reviews on this saddle and price; have used a month. Think best comment is that you are not aware that you are sitting on a saddle.

Similar Products Used: Bontrager FS plus 10 Race; Trek generic
smokey strodtman   Cross Country Rider [Sep 03, 2000]
Strength:

narrow shape, comfort, weight, looks.

would be better if it had a sloping nose for climbing.

i bought this saddle because of its' good reviews here and the great sale price at bikeworld($39). when i pulled it out of the box and saw that skinny, thin seat, i must admit i had my doubts. it has since made a believer out of me. comfort and maneuverability are a hard combination to come by in a saddle and this one has it. very easy to get your weight back on steep descents and doesn't hang up on your baggies when you pull yourself forward again. i'm still a beginner in this sport and am finding out how important it is to be able to move your body around. this saddle has definitely helped my riding. if i could make one improvement, it would be a different or sloping nose shape to make it easier to get my weight far forward for seated climbing. speaking of weight,i'm a 225#er so this is not just a saddle for medium sized riders. 5 chilis for value(thanks, bikeworld!), 4 for overall. a sloping nose would give it a perfect score. great seat!