SDG Ventura Comp Saddle

SDG Ventura Comp Saddle

SDG Ventura Comp

[Aug 12, 2007]
Derron

Strength:

Great looks, Ti Rails, Kevlar corners, soft foam, sparkly vinyl cover!

don't make them anymore--can't find 'em anywhere.

This was one sweet seat back in the day. I loved it so much! Stupidly sold it because I was a starving student, and now I want it back and can't find one anywhere. Please let me know if you find one (or have one to sell) somewhere. I had the sparkly glitter black/grey? version with black kevlar corners. It was so comfy and unbelievably light. It was virtually maintenance-free. The vinyl underneath the seat (where it attached) would occasionally begin to come unglued. A little super glue fixed the problem permanently. Here is my simple plea (gets down on knees): SDG, PLEASE BRING BACK THE VENTURA COMP TI SADDLE, PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE!!!

WTB speed V

[Oct 01, 2001]
jas

I have the ti version on my mtn bike, very dense foam, glitter vinyl with kevlar corners. The kevlar isn't bullet proof. I like the slick glitter vinyl. Feels hard when you sit on it, but its the most comfortable saddle I've had when riding. It's a flat wide seat that puts pressure on your sit bones instead of other parts. The steel rail version on my road bike has a little thicker, less dense foam. I think the ti rail version is more comfortable, because of the foam, not the rails.

troxel leather saddle, selle san marcos ti, various vetta

[Jan 02, 2004]
American Lesion

Strength:

Comfort. Tough leather cover. Strong shell.

Weaknesses? Maybe lack of bumpers on the sides, I guess...

Great saddle, but realize that saddles are a personal choice. I'm large (200 lbs) and these saddles do well for my aggressive, big-ring style. They are tough enough for off-road, graceful and smooth enough for roadies. A good choice, but try 'em out first.

Vetta, Selle Italia, Selle San Marco, Kashimax, Brooks

[Mar 22, 1998]
Martin S.
cross-country rider

I recently received an SDG V. comp ti leather for Xmas and it rocks! I previously rode a selle italia flite, (which I loved) but the extra padding and wider profile of the SDG sure makes it more comfey, even after a winter of doin' nuthin. Also a big plus is the new plastic bumpers under the nose and on the back corners, as Cartman says 'sweet'.

[Jul 26, 2000]
kid4life

Strength:

strength, comfort, customer service

The seat is fine, no real complaints. The company RULES.
I bent the rails in a serious wreck, totally my fault. I called SDG to see if they could do anything for me(I was straight w/ them about the crash) A real live person answered the phone and said to send the seat in and for $15 they would replace the ti rails. Bottom line- I sent the seat in on Monday, had it back, fixed, on Wednesday. The true sign of a good company is how they respond to problems. I'd say they did pretty well.

vetta TT, WTB SST, Giro Fisik

[Feb 08, 2000]
Fred Dompierre

Strength:

light

Crapy saddle
poor ti rails
Kevlar brake pants
Screws rust

I prefere my old and cheap Vetta Tri-Shock to this thing. My rail broke whitout reason (no crash). Screws rust. Kevlar scrap 3 pairs on pants. I expected more to a saddle of this price.

Vetta Tri-Shock
Marzocchi Karve

[Oct 31, 1998]
Dale
cross-country rider

I,ve had the Comp Ventura Ti now for about a year and other than the normal break in period with a new saddle its been great.The gold flake vinyl is great for position changes and the Kevlar corners are bulletproof.In the weight department its light but still strong and stable......great looking and great riding.

[Sep 16, 1998]
Vince Zaccone
cross-country rider

I have had an SDG Comp saddle for about 3 years now. It's super comfortable and the full kevlar makes it grippy, which I like. It does eat up your shorts after a while, but that's a good sign that you probably need new ones anyway. I did bend a rail once, but they were great about replacing it right on the spot (I went down to their shop in person because I was in the area and they were real nice).

[Jul 05, 1998]
Mac
cross-country rider

Overall, it's a good seat but a little harsh in the prostate area; I often find myself moving back towards the rear part of the seat to find comfort. It is OVER-PRICED. The weight is good and the titanium rails make for good boasting. It's one of the better looking seats out there...why do some companies make great, comfortable seats that have yellow and pink flames on them? For now I can live with the SDG seat, but I'm keeping my eyes open for a better one.

[Apr 11, 1998]
aKuma
weekend warrior

well i got it for 85 singapore dollars.well it replace my crossbow.it is strong but not comfortable because of lesser padding
i like it for its look but if u wanna comfort ,get titec.
aa bb cc dd cc cc cc dasd cddfsaf sfds cc cc cc ccc cc cc cc cc