SDG I-Fly Saddle

SDG I-Fly Saddle

SDG I-FlyThe I-Fly is SDG’s lightest “fully padded” I-Beam saddle.The I-Fly usesThe patented I-Beam System which utilizesThe latest composite materialsTo create an extremely light yet unbelievably strong saddle. Used byTop pros in just about all disciplines of racing from XCTo DH. Approx. 165g 260mm x 127mm

[Apr 01, 2009]
kavandje

Strength:

None that were obvious.

Where do I start, first time in my life of riding MTB over 10 years that I have experienced saddle sores !! The saddle seems to suffer from an identity crisis. Too much padding and in all of the wrong places. And if you don't like riding with a camelbak all of the time where do you put a saddlebag. Don't see what the big deal about the I-Beam system is.

As they say "one mans meat is another man's poison." So try before you buy!! Maybe if my bike had been specced with the Bel-Air which is a decent saddle I might not be so biased. I just don't see what the benefits are for a proprietary seat post; you are limited on saddle choice for a start, and I have never been comfortable with my saddle being held on by just one bolt.

I now have a thomson elite and the SLR and am a very happy bunny. I guess there is a reason why I found the so many web specials for the i-fly plus seat post. I was convinced by my LBS to try it when I bought my Morewood. Bad decision on my part but then one is supposed to trust one's LBS, and unless you are a micro gram monkey the weight saving is nothing substantial either.Considering what the RRP is for the saddle is, not good value either. Would give it zero chili's all round if I could!!