San Marco Integra Saddle

San Marco Integra

xmessenger   Cross Country Rider [Mar 22, 2012]
Strength:

Light,inexspensive now,and its effective at suspending over stutters. Comfortable

Durability if you are heavier

I just got a new one off ebay after getting one way back when it first came out.Why? Because I remembered I used one throughout my stint as a courier and can honestly never recall being uncomfortable everon my bike backthen. Judgeing bythe comments some have a durability issue. I do remember one of the rails eventually rolled inward but thatwas after years and didnt effect the ride. Saddles are tricky items to buy because you never really know if it will be comfy until you use one but my experiance wasvery good and it really was good at taking the bite outta stutters which is nice on a hardtailor longer rides. The looks are a bit odd though.

Similar Products Used: Stock kona, selle italia gel, wtb shadowl
Travis   Weekend Warrior [Dec 31, 2001]

OK, The final chapter. I snapped the plastic rail this weekend. Offroad I took a big hit through the saddle and heard a large dull thud. Snaped the rail clean through. Guess in hind sight it is a good road saddle, with the right post. To its credit I was able to ride it home.

Travis   [Nov 15, 2001]
Strength:

Comfy

Bad on the wrong post

Adding to my post below the post I would recomend the seat post to go with this seat called the "Titec Post". Titec do many other posts. But this one is cheap, strong and on the heavish side. 324gm. It might not suit someone going for an ultralight setup but it is still light and the seat doesn't flex. If you go for something else I would recomend something with two tightening bolts.

Similar Products Used: SDG, Velo, Selle, Bontranger etc...
Radar   Racer [Sep 20, 2000]
Strength:

Light! And shock absorbing too.

Doesn't look as good as a drop nose saddle, can't use a seatbag, maybe a little fragile for heavier people (haven't had any problems).

I got this saddle on eBay.com for $10. It was used for only one ride, so basically it's new. I weighed it and it was right around the 200 gram mark. At least as light as the Flite saddles, just minus the chi chi factor.

I put it on and it's SKINNY! I was running a WTB SST.X and the Integra's widest part is probably about 3/4in. narrower than the SST. I got used to it though, but wider butted people might not want it.

I realized when I was in the saddle it felt like I was running 10 psi lower than normal. I got off my bike and realized I could flex the saddle in almost every direction about 20mm! This really helps the little stutter bumps that aggrevate back pain, especially if you sit on the very rear of the seat. It won't help your traction (low psi does that) but it's so much bump absorption it kept me from considering a suspension seatpost.

Who shouldn't buy this seat? Based on the reviews, heavier riders and/or those who ride hard. Also, the rail configuration kept me from using any kind of seatbag (I have a few different ones) so I can't bring as many tools on long rides, I use my jersey pockets now. Overall, I think they could have made the plastic rails go up a little further so you could put a seatbag on it, but just not all the way up to the shell so it could still flex over bumps.

Since you can find it for a good price plenty of places, I'll give it a 5 value rating, and 4 overal because of a couple tiny problems.

Similar Products Used: WTB SST and SSTX, Trek, Bontrager C 30, other saddles (too many to count).
Jerome   racer [Oct 16, 1997]

This saddle broke during a race. I hit a bump while seated and the plastic rails snapped. I weigh 140 pounds and the saddle was not even one season old.
Other than that it was a comfortable saddle and very light (140 grams on my scale). The thing I liked most about it was that it was very narrow in the rear, which made it easy to get back behind the saddle on steep descents.

Lambchop Express   weekend warrior [Jan 03, 1997]

I loved them since the first day I got them from a mongoose and riden it with my norco team issue now to my rocky mountain altitude. You got to known how to ride with it. Once you did, it will be the last saddle you'll ever need.

Los Guys   Racer [Mar 29, 1999]
Strength:

LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT
CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP

Cant use it with some seatposts

Everyone I talked to thinks that I am on acid for liking this seat. Based on the other reviews here, its seems that you either love it or hate it. I for one actually love it. It took some doing to get used to it, but now I actually think that it is very comfortable. Originally it was offered at a price of around $80. I would not shell out that much for it but for the $20 I paid, I feel it was one of the best purchases I every made for my bike. I weigh 165-170 and have ridden on one for about 2 years and have never had problems with it breaking or sagging or whatever. It finally did break when I drove into a parking garage with the bike on the roof (duh). But hey, at $20 no big deal! I just bought me another.One note about its weight. When I was first installing it, I wanted to compare the weight of it with the weight of my stock saddle off of my M2 Stumpjumper. Darn it...I forgot to compare the two before I put the integra on the seat post. None-the-less I compared the two (by hold them in my hands). The Integra, attatched to my seatpost was deffinately lighter that my stock saddle without a post!!! HOWs that for light!!! As far as durability goes, if you are that worried about it, spend $40 and carry a spare.

Garner of the Hill People   cross-country rider [Mar 10, 1999]

I got this saddle at a blowout sale at an LBS for (relatively) cheap. I put it on my second bike to make it easier to sell, and I didn't intend on riding it much. Aftera handful of rides on this commuter bike (all paved), I decided to play with the new platform pedals I had bought. I lofted my bike off of about a 2 foot ledge at speed and my feet rolled forward off of the pedals on the landing (I clipped my back tire on the drop, landing on the front wheel). I leveled the bike out without endo-ing but I was sure my genatalia was going to be a thing of the past in a split second, as I came down heavy on the nose of the saddle before my feet touched down. Luckily for me, this seat was the stupidest idea imaginable for a MTB, and it absolutely ripped itself from the seatpost clamp with no resistance. A clean break of the rails, so much so that it ripped the leather cover like a scissors. There was nothing left of the saddle but the fake rails in the clamp. Fortunately this was on my cruiser and not my MTB and I didn't have to ride saddle-less for very far. For the record, I didn't like it before it broke, it not only flexed but drooped, folded, hesitated, and then rebounded like a diving board. Very imprecise. The nose flexed a lot, laterally, too, while the acutal seat part, the rear of the saddle, was pretty hard due to it's reinforcement and the fact that it couldn't flex around the post head, like a good railed saddle will. Avoid early models of these seats at all cost. I was very nearly made a unich by a saddle that pretty much sucked anyway. A lot of shops have these laying around cheap from the good old days. Be wary!I wish I could give this saddle 0 stars to pull it below a 2.5 for consideration in the Hall of Shame.

Gary   racer [Feb 15, 1999]

If you buy a bike with this saddle replace it immediately, especially on a road bike or your wife might have to look elsewhere for things you should be taking care of!

nick   weekend warrior [Jan 02, 1999]

Crap. Complete and total crap. Stupid idea having a saddle with integrated plastic rails. It may be light but it bends and wobbles back and forth, like sitting on a lump of jelly. Don't buy one and if you get it on a built up bike, make the bike shop change it for free.