Ritchey Vector Saddle Saddle

Ritchey Vector Saddle

Mortiss   Weekend Warrior [Jan 01, 2009]
Strength:

The saddle is slippy and I've never felt in control of the bike. I keep sliding around.
Uncomfortable
Poor adjustment

This is by a very large margin the worst saddle I have ever ridden on. I have even tried wearing two pairs of cycling shorts! If I ride for longer than an hour my a$$ is so bruised that I cant ride for days.
I have tried adjusting it every which way but it remains uncomfortable. The saddle is slipery and I have never felt in control of the bike.
Dont buy this saddle and if it comes stock on a bike get it changed before you walk out the shop.

Similar Products Used: Many other saddles
Aquakitty   Cross Country Rider [Mar 03, 2004]
Strength:

Light, easy to maneuver around saddle. Took 2 years of hard riding to fall apart.

Always felt more like a wedge up my rear then a seat.

I bought this saddle originally because the stock saddle was horrible (One of those super narrow former racing saddles).
At first I thought it was alright, since the other saddles I tried out caused my butt to explode in pain instantly. However, after I ride for about an hour on steep hills sitting, my butt just never gets used to this thing. I always have pain in my rear and have yet to find a saddle that is comfortable (I dont know if this is a female anatomy thing) but this one ain't it. Not the worst, definitely not the best from my end. I at least would not recommend it to people who find traditional saddles uncomfortable as this one falls into that category.
Its good as a basic light saddle.

The Dig   Cross Country Rider [Apr 15, 2004]
Strength:

Yet to find any, other than it was inexpensive

i rarely post a review but i was so displeased by this saddle i thought i'd try to save the next guy from buying this p.o.c.

it's definitely the most uncomfortable saddle i've ever sat on, no width support, it's about as comfortable as sitting on my top tube.

i tried to save a buck, thought this might be a good deal and i learned a lesson. Seems like a few other people have been ok with this thing but i found it incredibly uncomfortable.

Similar Products Used: sdg - from now on i'll stick with what i know
Ernie Bin   weekend warrior [Sep 27, 1998]

This seat came stock on my '98 Kona Fire Mountain and after 2 months and 500+ kms, It hasn't broken into anything I like. Not terribly uncomfortable, but far from really comfy. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I think it's primarily the shape. It wasn't comfy when I first got it, but I thought I just need to get used to it, but that hasn't worked. The seat felt a little hard, but I haven't had too much experience with mid/high level saddles. When I can scrape up some cash, and if I can find one for cheap enough, I'll try a Flite or a Velo Live wire.

Chris   Cross Country Rider [Sep 13, 2000]
Strength:

comfy, inexpensive, plain

n/a

I ride the Vector Wing, with cro-mo rails. After breaking three ti-rail saddles of various makes, I finally resigned myself to pedestrian steel.
What a great saddle! It's comfy and it doesn't look like it belongs in the Liberace museum. I got my first one through my local shop for full $, but recently found it on Supergo.com for $15! I bought two! I'd have paid 3x that for such a great saddle.

Similar Products Used: a lot of broken saddles
Chet Burdette   Cross Country Rider [Jan 10, 2001]
Strength:

I got the WCS with Ti rails and it weighs only 240g. Very light and equally comfortable. Cool plain black leather covering. (no gay ass stitching - Like WTB & Flite saddles)

Can't make me ride faster ;-)

This might be the best deal ever. $35 for a sweet Ti rail saddle. BTW they are still on sale for this price and I bought mine a year ago. These saddles are obviously a well kept secret.

Similar Products Used: WTB GT too many crappy saddles to mention.
SchuffleFusz SchuffleFusz   [Aug 16, 2000]

it broke

I have the model with titatium rails, and they just broke. I weigh 160 pounds and I ride mostly in town and downhill and a bit of XC but I dont ride like a nutcase - I'm pretty cautious. Anyway the rails did not bend at all, they just snapped. The titanium rails on a Flite would never have snapped like that. I know a guy who had a Flite. He bent the rails in a crash, straightened them, and kept the saddle for another 4 years. That's good titanium, this isn't. Btw I have a hardtail, that probably doesn't help.
Another thing is that the leather on this saddle really doesn't like mud. The sandpaper effect that a muddy ass has on a saddle made the leather lose it's shine and colour. That happened after the first muddy ride but it never got worse.
I got an extremely good price on it, I would not have bought it otherwise.

M@ Forys   Cross Country Rider [Aug 02, 2000]
Strength:

rather cheap, light

hard, unconfortable on longer tours

if you don´t mind a hurting butt it´s o.k. At the beginning I thought that sitting on the seatpost would be more comfortable...but you´ll get used to it. For that money it´s a good buy.

Similar Products Used: a lot of...
Tom Grasl   Racer [Apr 29, 2000]
Strength:

Inexpensive, durable.

Uncomfortable on long rides.

I had this saddle on my MTb and thought it was alright but after putting it on my road bike I find it uncomfortable after 20+ miles. With the inherent standing when mtbing, that was probably enough time for my behind to "recover". But that just doesn't happen on the road. The seat is not painful, I just need to stand a little more frequently than I would like.