Ritchey Marathon Saddle

• Wing design to dissipate vibration
  • Narrow 35% carbon content shell for pedaling efficiency
  • Extra Hi density foam, microfiber surface, tubular cromo rails

Detective365   Cross Country Rider [May 05, 2009]
Strength:

Looked good online and on my bike; that's where the strengths (literally and figuratively) end.

Support stays attaching saddle to seatpost prone to bending, impact damage.

I have been very disappointed in both my Ritchey seat post and my Ritchey seat. the pair cost over $200 together, and don't work as well as many cheaper seats/posts I have used. These products are NOT designed to be tough, and the worst part? NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND! My first spill, the seat stays attaching it to the post bend. The seat is essentially useless now since I can't adjust the seat angle properly anymore and I can't ride the seat comfortably. I'm not a heavy rider either; 6'3" 180. Anyway, I'm out $120 on the seat, and I have no option except try to straighten the stays and hope to God I don't ever endo again.

Actually, that's not true; I can go buy a $30 WTB seat that's practically bomb-proof, and not have to deal with this nonsense ever again.

Bottom line; don't buy this seat unless you like bent seat stays, are feather-light or never fall.