Performance Performance Topo Team Saddle Saddle

Performance Topo Team Saddle

Rich   Cross Country Rider [Aug 25, 2003]
Strength:

Ti, kevlar rails, cheap, comfy, very lightweight, lasts a long time (the last one did)

the first saddle I bought had a kevlar edge not on right, and was scuffed in a corner; don't know what that was all about, but exchanged it right away no problem

Great saddle. Does not look as light as it is (so much padding).

Similar Products Used: the saddle this replaced was not padded, but was another Performance Bike Ti-railed seat which lasted around 12 years (but could not get it off the seatpost)
Mark   Cross Country Rider [Apr 01, 2006]
Strength:

Lightweight (200g), cheap, doesn't suck...

Absolute minimum of saddle for comfort, but still okay, barely. Bent the rails, which wasn't okay.

Well, the rails on this bad boy bent like they were made of hangar wire, but there were extenuating circumstances.

First, I have a full suspension bike, but when I hit my chainring on a log, there's no suspension at all and the shock goes straight up the seatpost to the seat rails.

Second, the seatpost I was using was light, but didn't have a lot of seat rail support (not something I really thought about before). I think it was a Syncros 7075. I fixed that and got a Thomson Elite, which has good support.

Sending the seat back to Performance - they said they would send me another or exchange for something else after 9 months of use.

Similar Products Used: Selle Italia SLR (like a 2x4), Koobi Enduro, etc.
Aaron Worstell   Cross Country Rider [Nov 07, 2002]
Strength:

Comfortable, narrow, light, kevlar trim

None yet

I was a little reluctant to buy this seat because the quality of PBS brand stuff can sometimes vary. But it had everything I wanted: light (225 grams), Ti rails, kevlar trim, narrow profile, and great price. It has a great narrow profile that allows me to get behind the seat without catching my thighs. It also has the perfect amount of padding. I was pretty much sold after the first few rides, but the durability question was still out there. After 6 months of use, the seat has held up very well and I like it more everyday. It's good to see PBS make such a great product at such great price.

Similar Products Used: WTB, Flite, others
John   Cross Country Rider [Mar 26, 2003]
Strength:

Feels good, looks good, light weight, durable.

No fancy italian name.

There are actually very few sub-250g ti-railed saddles out there that have Kevlar edges. This is the cheapest, and one of the best. It made me realize how bad my last saddle was. So if you want a racing-weight saddle that can actually take a hit, look no further.

Similar Products Used: Specialized ProLong Revolution Carbon (ugh)
myooz   Weekend Warrior [Mar 14, 2003]
Strength:

Light, cheap, Ti rails, Kevlar corners, gonad relief

none so far

I was a little hesitant about buying this seat, but so far I've been really happy. It has just the right amount of padding, it's light, and it's cheap. I felt comfortable on it right away.

Similar Products Used: Specialized P.O.S.
Vick   Cross Country Rider [Oct 20, 2002]
Strength:

Light weight, low cost

None so far

Took my new saddle out for the first time, on the longest ride I've done so far. Twelve miles and I'm nowhere near as sore as I expected to be! My sit bones should adjust very quickly, and, I've no numbness in my "soft tissue" like I've experienced with some saddles.will drop another line after a few months to let you know how well it holds up.

Similar Products Used: SDG Sattelite
Mark   Cross Country Rider [Dec 18, 2005]
Strength:

No break in period. Light. Comfie.

None.

My original saddle had a peculiar lean to it after 4 years (bent rail). I replaced it with the Performance Team saddle, and I have been very happy with the choice. This is both lighter and more comfortable right out of the box. I have ridden about 500 miles on it, and this is one of those buys that I consider myself lucky on.