Koski Engineering Saddle Saddle

Saddle

• High performance saddle that maximizes comfort
  • Flat nose and contoured rear for easy transitional moves
  • 6mm drop in the center of saddle provides relief for soft tissue areas
  • Rear of the saddle designed to provide proper pelvic support
  • Weight: 270g., with Gel: 285g

• User Reviews (23)

whobiggs   Cross Country Rider [Jul 13, 2009]
    Strength:

Comfort

Wasn't keen for the first thousand miles and then forgot about it. It has since done 12,750 miles. What more can I say! I love it.

Similar Products Used: flite,brooks, fizik
    Donnie Anderson   Weekend Warrior [Jun 11, 2007]
    Strength:

Durable, looks good, came free with bike oem

Sux, uncomfortable, feels like a church bench

This saddle came stock on my Giant bike. I am surprised I rode it this long. I guess I didn't know what comfortable was. Well after trying my friends saddle today I am ashamed to say I rode my saddle since I've owned my Giant. It's like a brick on a stick. A genuine plywood popsicle. Very uncomfortable.

I am ordering a new saddle right now along with a Cane Creek Thudbuster. Can't wait.

Similar Products Used: Many other saddles, not sure brands or models
    Steve Arnott   Weekend Warrior [Jan 30, 2002]
    Strength:

Looks gorgeous. Can't fault the aesthetics at all.

OW OW OW OW OOWW! It hurts! Every little bump in the road brings a tear to my eye. It's hard, uncomfortable, prolly quite poorly made, if you look underneath at the quality of the plastic/leather binding.

OW. Not nice.

Looks amazing, and the colour scheme goes perfectly with my bike, but if you're a man and you enjoy making babies you shouldn't touch this saddle with a barge pole. Or anyone else's barge pole, for that matter.

Try the Squadra instead.

OW

Similar Products Used: San Marco Squadra. Well, similar only because it, too, is a saddle. And I haven't actially tried it yet, but so long as it's not lined with razor blades it will be a huge improvement over this monstrocity.
    Jim   Cross Country Rider [Jan 29, 2002]
    Strength:

Looks cool, matches my frame. Realistic simulation of what I imagine piles feel like.

Hurts when sat on.

Don't buy this seat. After my first ride I went straight to bed, my ass was incredibly sore the next morning, I could hardly ride 10mins to work even! just because of my sore ass. I really reccomend you don't buy this seat.

It does look amazingly cool though.

They came stock on many 2001 Giants in NZ, and probably many other places too. I imagine they'll appear as a stock part on giants this year too. If you're buying a giant, and its coming with this seat, insist that it is changed before you buy the bike. It makes riding so amazingly unplesant.

Similar Products Used: I dont think anyone else makes a seat similarly uncomfortable.
    Hendrik   Cross Country Rider [Jan 17, 2002]
    Strength:

* Looks cool
    * The rails dont bend

* You cant sit on it

Dont buy this saddle because it looks cool. You cannot sit on it longer than an hour. When you get off the saddle everything is numb!! I cant believe they sell this stuff!

Similar Products Used: SDG
    SGT. ROCK   Racer [Sep 11, 2002]
    Strength:

You're kidding, right?

Design, materials, construction...that's pretty much everything, eh?

To clarify, I have OWNED this saddle for two years, have ridden it only half a dozen times. Came OEM on my GIANT ATX890. Changed it right away for a Selle Italia XO. I thought it might be OK for light downhilling on my dual suspension bike, but one minor lay-down of the bike and the cheap covering was shredded.

Feel sorry for anyone who actually CHOSE this saddle - my sympathies.

Similar Products Used: WTB SST, Selle Italia XO
    RoMeR   Weekend Warrior [Sep 10, 2002]
    Strength:

It is a bike seat.

You can't sit on it.

Ooo. Ouch, ah! Eeoo-er Oh! Aiee ouch.
    And that was AFTER the ride.

I gave it a 2 cause I figure a 1 would be a brick on a stick.

Similar Products Used: Metal bench, steel chair, bed of nails ( OK seriously I've used many others- I even seem to remember my banana seat not hurting this bad )
    Benjamin Hart   Cross Country Rider [Sep 16, 2001]
    Strength:

There are no strengths. This product sucks.

After a ride or two the leather started tearing up from the underside. The saddle creaked a lot which lowered my confidence. It was also not comfortable.

Do not buy this product.

Similar Products Used: other seats
    John   [Oct 21, 2007]
    Strength:

Looks nice

Try this saddle ... then try sitting on the post...then the saddle again...I swear you will notice no difference

Seriously though, OUCH! OUCH! - buyer beware.

I agree with nearly all the other reviewers. This one is not merely uncomfortable, it is downright painful. There is no reason to subject yourself to such torture at any cost. Even at $0. If you are the worlds biggest tightwad- spend the extra $5 - $10.

I'm not saying you must pamper yourself, just don't go for the worst option. (brick on stick as others have said)

Case in point, I would not sell mine or even give it away.
    Please notice most people got it as stock. If it is coming stock on a bike you are purchasing, you'd be wise to request another.

Your bum will thank you.

Captain Danger   Cross Country Rider [May 05, 2001]
    Strength:

erm.....looks.....erm......ok......?

it is bloody uncomfortable

This really sucks! After an hour or so it was just too uncomfortable, and that was on the road! Don't buy it. I give it 2 cos I like the logo underneath it :o)

Similar Products Used: bonty, viscount etc. bonty was best!