Koobi Pursuit Saddle

Rails: Chromoly
Cover: Leather

Babs   Cross Country Rider [May 03, 2007]
Strength:

Are there any?

Painful!

I tried this saddle a long time ago. I can't even recall why I tossed it aside in my garage. I switched to a Terry Butterfly which I really like, but it's too wide to get behind on downhills. So I dug out that old Koobi. Ouch, ouch, ouch. WAYYY too painful for me to ride. No wonder I took it off before!!!!

I can't speak for other women, but this model was rated as "medium" whereas most of the other Koobi models are "firm." I can't imagine how the others could be more painful that the Pursuit, but maybe they are.

Similar Products Used: Terry Butterfly (much, much better)
OVERALL
Bill   Cross Country Rider [Apr 25, 2001]
Strength:

Obviously the split-rail design is the biggest advantage in my mind, lending itself to incredible comfort. I was experiencing numbness 'down there' after about twenty miles, regardless of terrain, but with the Koobi I've ridden thirty miles at a stretch and never have a problem with numbness - it really does work! It also has just the right amount of padding to be comfy, but not so much to get in the way during a tough climb. Cool name too - 'King's Throne'

For sixty bucks I'd expect it to be made in the good ol' USA!!!

The Koobi has worked for me, period. Sure, it was a little more than I wanted to spend, but what isn't that's related to cycling? If you're having problems with numbness, this saddle will solve them. Koobi's will be on all my bikes, I'm that satisfied with it.