Koobi AU Enduro Saddle

AU Enduro

The endurance saddle. Beautifully styled but built to last. Leather and Kevlar with 20% more padding than the Xenon. Manganese rails.

Samsudin   [Jan 31, 2013]
Strength:

Comfortable for long ride and steep climb

Price is steep and after 3 years, it seem to wear out on the side.

I have used many different saddles and finally found the Koobi AU Enduro Saddle perfect for mountain biking. On weekdays, I bike average 10 miles on 1,500 ft climb and this saddle is perfect. It has the right firmness so you can use it for climbing steep slope and also enough padding to make it comfortable for long climb when you are seating on the saddle for hours. I used it for long 20-30 miles MTB ride on weekend and climb for up to 3,000 ft and they are comfortable. It take very short ride to break in and very smooth so you can more your "butt" front and back easily during riding,

jbrotsky   Cross Country Rider [Feb 22, 2011]
Strength:

Amazing comfort, no numbness, no soreness during first 8 hours of riding.

None so far.

Fantastic saddle - I didn't know what I was missing until I gave this one a shot. I bought the "cosmetic second" version from the Koobi site, and honestly can't tell why it's even a second - looks perfect.

Bottom line - if you're having numbness, discomfort, or just want to try a different saddle, give this one a shot. Worst case - you don't like it, and send it back to Koobi before 30 days for a no-questions asked refund.

Similar Products Used: WTB Laser V
reti123   Cross Country Rider [Sep 06, 2010]
Strength:

Flat shape to support sit bones. Full length center cutout to relieve pressure on pudental arteries and nerves. Quality design and build (manufactured by Selle Italia).

None.

Great saddle if you care about your sex life!

I needed a good saddle for the above mentioned reason because the stock Remedy saddle sucked. I went on a quest that ended up with Koobi (based on the other raving reviews here as well as Koobi's website - lots of good info).

Too many saddle cutouts end too soon so if you lean forward or need to weight the nose for a climb all the pressure is concentrated exactly where it shouldn't be. Koobi solved that problem.

They have a 30 day return policy (only costs about $5 for return postage) so I figured it was worth a try.

I ended up buying their top-of-the-line PRS Enduro for my Remedy, loved it and bought two Enduro AUs for my other two bikes. The PRS is a little pricey but in line with other premium saddles. The AUs are great but I wanted the best for my Remedy (fantastic bike!). The AU is priced in line with other perfomance saddles in its class.

(Beware of discounted Koobis found online - there are cheap Chinese counterfeits out there. If in doubt, call Koobi direct.)

BTW - Even their socks are excellent - good fit and materials and super-smooth seams (I hate seams that rub!!)

Customer service is friendly and helpful if you have questions. Good product. Good company.

Similar Products Used: Two WTBs. Bontrager Rhythm and Evoke R and Evoke RXL. Specialized Format. The original Selle Italia Flite.
Mr. Koobi   Weekend Warrior [Sep 30, 2005]
Strength:

I can feel my groin again! The "split" saddle design prevents neurologic compression of the groin area.

Could have a slightly more contouring leather, aka Brooks

Great saddle!! After going numb for the first 4 months of owning my bike, I extensively researched saddles, and decided on a Koobi. The higher end saddle with adjustable springs didn't make much sense, again due to lack of conformity. The real question is why didn't I just buy a Brooks saddle. The reason is the center trough, which unloads the nerves which innervate the pelvic area. Even with a Brooks this would be a problem. When I went to purchase a saddle for my son they didn't have the saddle in stock so Koobi forwarded a "Tri" saddle, and stated if I didn't want to keep it they would take it back when their order came in!! Great personal service, and we kept the Tri saddle. Highly reccommend Enduro Au

Similar Products Used: Bontrager stock saddle on my Madone (I know I'm in Mtb review)
Ray   Cross Country Rider [Jun 09, 2003]
Strength:

Comfortable once you're broken in, no numbness.

the rails hold up well enough in strength, but the outer coating flakes off and there is some rust accumulation.

If you suffer from numbness, do yourself a favor and try this seat. It will take a while to get used to it, as now 90% of your weight is on the sit bones (10% on soft tissues), instead of the 70/30% ratio of a traditional seat. So, yes, my butt was sore for the first few rides until I got used to it. If...when you buy one, give it a chance. You will need to readjust to the new weight distribution, but your soft tissues will thank you for it. This is not a plush lazyboy type of seat and I race with mine, even if it is heavier than the SLRs I see the guys running these days.

Plus, I am a confirmed clydesdale up over 210 most days, so this seat holds up well for a bigger guy, too. My first saddle is still going strong after two seasons, and I picked up another one this winter for the new bike.

When I climb, I'm all over the saddle, front to back and even with the split nose, it's fine. The kevlar corners have held up really well, even after bailing off the bike in crashes.

Lastly, I'd just like to thank the folks at Koobi for making this seat. I don't experience any numbness these days, thanks to the great center channel they've cut out of it.

Similar Products Used: Stock saddles.
Zman   Cross Country Rider [Sep 03, 2003]
Strength:

Comfy once it's broken in. No numbness.

None yet!

It only took a couple of rides before this was the most comfortable saddle I've used. I ride almost every day and the seat still looks like new after a year! I haven't noticed any change in the padding/feel of the saddle over time. Very sturdy and comfortable. I weigh 175 now, but was about 220 when I bought the saddle.

Similar Products Used: Serfas gel, specialized gel, gel seat covers, factory seat on Giant Rainier
Dylan   Weekend Warrior [May 28, 2003]
Strength:

after lots of research I chose this saddle. The design and shape are perfect. The padding is a bit too firm. I called Koobi, (great service!...Thx Phil) and I spoke to Phil Schwietzer. I explained my dilemma to him. After 30 days it had become softer after it broke in but it wasn't soft enough for rides over 30 miles. Phile talked me into the Tri.....much softer with the gel top. If you're under 160 this saddle might be good. I'm 185 and the sit bones and region became numb/sore. Try the Tri....

padding isn't soft enough for heavier riders

Try it....you always have 30 days to return it. The ppl are Koobli are helpful and want you to be happy with their product.

Similar Products Used: Tri
Tom   Weekend Warrior [Aug 28, 2007]
Strength:

Comfortable, durable, light.

If a cracked Ti rail after 5k+ counts, that's it.

I started with the AU Enduro (Still use it on my AC) and moved up to the PRS for the Moots later. Both are comfortable, and except for the normal leather wear, are as good as new after years. A cracked rail on the PRS after 5k is my first problem & I can replace those easily. Not bad for something most have never heard of.

Similar Products Used: Specialized, WTB - they're OK, but I'll never buy anything else, as far as I can imagine.
Jim   Cross Country Rider [Mar 11, 2006]
Strength:

Love that gap.
This saddle's main strength, in my opinion, is the design of the gap, or channel, or urethra/perineum ditch that provides an opening for blood to flow to my winkie while riding. Adjustment has been easier, as I don't have to tip the saddle as far down/forward to obtain pain/numbness free results. This was some of the best biking money I have spent.

None so far.

If you're a guy who has had pain/numbness issues you owe it to yourself and s.o. to try this saddle.

Similar Products Used: Myriad.
Dave   Cross Country Rider [Jun 25, 2007]
Strength:

Awesome. The Enduro is the Alpha and Omega to all my cycling saddles. I can ride with or without cycling shorts with NO discomfort. First time I could ever ride longer rides without cycling shorts. Makes it nice for shorter/casual jaunts on the tandem. No numbness for "the boys," and the shape also takes the jolt out of some of the seated hits on the trail.

I don't like the stitching on the top of the nose of the saddle a lot... or at least that area of the saddle could have a more rounded profile. (near the front of the cutout)

A "sit bone" saddle. If you like that type of saddle... here it is.

Need to see how they hold up in the long term, but for now, it's the ultimate saddle in my book. I've searched years for it, and finally found it.

Similar Products Used: Liked WTB SST for a while, then got chafing in some not-so-nice areas due to the gradual transistion from the nose to the rear of the saddle. Then went to Avocet O2. Better taper (more abrupt with the "racing" version), but not as nice on the boys. Koobi is the best of both worlds.