Koobi Au Chrono Saddle

Rails: Manganese
Cover: Leather

mtbiker   Cross Country Rider [Jan 26, 2002]
Strength:

Ergo seat. Lightish (262gms). Sleek compared to some others. Italian made. Tough enough even though lacking kevlar sides. Manganese rails.

Manganese coating chipping off rails. But no big deal.

I liked the Au Chrono so much I took off the TT off my bike, even though gaining 100 grams (yes, self confessed weight weenie).
Immensely comfortable and durable too with the too often crashes I experience.
I'd get another, no doubt.

Similar Products Used: TT, SLR, SDG among others.
Paul Lang   Cross Country Rider [Sep 10, 2001]
Strength:

Great quality. Made in Italy. Very comfortable. Sleek. Lightish (260gms). Manganese rails.

None I've experienced.

My second gonad friendly saddle. The Specialized were pretty good but I find these work better for me. Looks sleek compared to other geometric saddles on offer. Btw, my saddle model is the Au Chrono.
No complaints, no worries.

Similar Products Used: SDG Belair, Selle Italia Flite Ti, Selle Italia SLR, WTB SST, Specialized Body Geometry.
George   Racer [Jun 25, 2003]
Strength:

Relieves pressure on the nerve.

Too ridged, the are sharp peaks the raise up and place pressure on the outside of your taint.

Their isn's any pressure straight down the center, but the ridges put extra pressure on the aretries that feed certain parts. I found the this saddle actually made things worse, for me. Everyone is different, and this saddle might work for you, but after 2 hour rides, things start to shrivle up and it takes awhile before I feel 100% down there. Maybe it is just a mental thing for me, you will have to decide for youself.

Similar Products Used: Selle Italia TRI cut out.
rj   Cross Country Rider [Mar 01, 2005]
Strength:

Nice design which is well made and looks good. pretty light as well. this is a great cycling value for the price and performance given.

stiff ass seat.

This is a good seat if you ask me. Its not my favorite only because its very stiff, almost too stiff. My sit bones are broken in but this seat causes the bum to hurt after extended rides in the saddle(typically around 2.5 to 3 hours). I may switch back over to the Terry for a little while again and see how that goes.