Giro Fizik Saddle

Giro Fizik

[Apr 02, 1999]
Erik van Lier
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Titanium rail

I hope the jackered flag on the side will stand.....

After one year riding on a Vetta Cruel Love saddle I am still under doctor control for the wounds behind my legs...........
The first ride on the Giro team Schwinn I had no wounds anywhere. That´s because of the small deck. Great saddle, good comfort, great design!

Vetta Cruel Love, s@cks!

[May 24, 2000]
Scott Ahrens

Strength:

Easy on the nads
Good for narrow hips
Light
Cool looks

The sides of the saddle wore out quickly

Ok, you gotta get used to the hard seat, so you better get your butt hardened with some more riding, you whiners.

The narrow profile keeps it out of the way.

I guess the crooked swimmer problem varies from person to person, but I've never had numbness with it, not even on 3 hr. roller rides (ugh).

Concor (that'll give you crooked swimmers...)
Spec.

[Jan 08, 2000]
jason borden
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

strong and light

I almost lost my wang dude

This thing is an excellent quality saddle that may destroy your nads to the point of no return. I give it one star for excellent workmanship, the design is aweful.

Only ride Selle Italia Ti Flite now on my road bikes and MTBs

[Oct 29, 1997]
Neil Auty
racer

I have owned the Giro Fizik Nisene for about 5 months now. After about 3 I was riding and after a minor crash one of the rails popped out! After 50 minutes of trying to put it back in I finally fixed it. Other than that the saddle workes great.

[Oct 09, 2000]
Doug Asano

Strength:

Light weight
Great looks
Firm feel

Delicate leather

Well, for the first 3 months, I loved this saddle. After an initial break in period, it's comfortable, light and looks great. After logging 2000 miles this summer on it, I never once had a problem with numbness or pressure points.

Then I took it to Alaska for a 5 day, 500 mile charity ride from Fairbanks to Anchorage. Granted, the weather and conditions were miserable (snow, sleet, torrential rain, gravel, rough roads) and the saddle was probably not designed for such extreme conditions, but within a day, the leather had bleed its black pigment all over my shorts & rain pants and the leather at the nose had peeled off!!! There's no way I should have to duct tape a $75 saddle within 6 months of purchase - I don't care if I take it to hell and back.

Next time, I'm buying a Selle Italia.

[Aug 31, 2000]
Jeff Blume

Strength:

Pretty Light. Long rails smooth things out a bit more from flex compaired to standard ones. Great looking, and the gel version isn't nearly as gaudy as the Flite Gel.

Not for wide pelvis people. Some might not like the very long nose. Retails for about $100 which is steep.

I just wanted to point something out to all of those who complain about weight (not that it's high or anything at 250-280 grams): Since the rails on the saddle protrude from the bottom of the shell further than standard saddles by about an inch, you don't have to have your seatpost out as far and can therefore cut more material off your post which saves an additional 15-40 grams depending on how much your post sucks. This is a great saddle for people with narrow pelvis' like myself. It really contours my body better than previous saddles. And if you've got any taste at all, after one look you'll accept that this is the sweetest looking saddle of all. I haven't had any confort issues which I have with others, and I'm not standing up in the midle of the ride to re-situate myself as much as I used to. The version with the twin-tech gel is a great saddle for the aesthetically concious racer type who has narrow hips. A bit more expensive than the Flite Gel, but this one has my preference.

Flite, San Marco made Bontrager Saddles, Specialized Body Geometry Comp, and some crappy no-name brand one which made my nads sore for day's at a time.

[May 02, 2000]
Jeff

Strength:

It looks really cool and all the guys who see me at the trail head think that I must be really fast cause I have nice components on my bike. I got them fooled! At least I am a cool mountain biker...

It isn't as light as the other guy's saddle who just started riding last week. Oh yeah, its not color co-ordinated to the rest of my bike but that is my fault.

You better take my work for it and go out and buy this saddle. You owe it to yourself to do it.

a yellow seat that had suspension. The suspension in the seat blew out about as fast as every suspension fork on the market is programmed to do.

[May 01, 2000]
Alan

Strength:

looks, price (got a new one for $30), low profile

cuts off circulation to vital areas

it works well but you have to stand up occasionally

selle italia tri-matica

[Apr 28, 2000]
Kim

Strength:

Comfort, looks, quality, long term health in the butt.

Cost, initial strage feeling.

Firm saddle, at first feels hard BUT if you intend to do
rides over an hour or so, your bits that normally go numb
will thank you. Puts the pressure where is can be taken,
relieves it from the important parts. Gone back to a
crossbow on the MTB, 3 rides and already started trying to
locate a Fizik... will take a little getting used to.

Crossbow, Turbo, many others

[Apr 06, 2000]
Will

Strength:

for a bony butt like me itz da bomb

none of my bike came w/one

All you tall bony azz crackas know what I'm talking about. Just enough padding to compensate for not havin any junk in yo trunk, And it don't get in your way. The nose is big enough so as not to accidentally violate yourself (you know what I mean). Pave on dee road, Nisene on da dirt, and if yo but is bony an wide get the Vitesse (don't worry it's not pH balanced for the ladies, you can use one too)

Specialized(none o' dat cut out bizzness), Vetta TT