Giro Fizik (Nisene) Saddle

Giro Fizik (Nisene) Saddle

Giro Fizik (Nisene)

[Jul 02, 2003]
John W.

Strength:

flat profile, relatively light, comfy, soft nose is good for climbing.

could be a tad lighter

So far the best saddle I've tried, and I've tried a lot. I've had a long time problem with numbness that no saddle has been able to completely alliviate, but this one comes the closest. I have the standard CrMo railed Nisense that came stock on my Scalpel, but I have just ordered the Ti railed Nisense CP. The Nisene has a very flat profile which works best for me. If you prefer a saddle with a pronounced dip (flite, WTB, Terry Liberator) then this probably won't be the saddle for you.

Serfas Dual Density Pro, Specialized BG Comp, Terry Liberator, Selle Italia Tri Matic, Selle Italia Max Flite Trans Am, SDG Grand Prix, SDG Bel Aire, WTB Speed V, WTB Laser V Stealth, Brooks Swift (road), Coda Competition, Vetta TTT.

[Mar 12, 2002]
Aaron

Strength:

Sweet looks, leather cover, firm padding, very lightweight

squeaks, fixed with silicon lube spray

The seat that came on my bike was too soft and very uncomfortable. I started looking for a cheap seat, but only found similar soft seats. One day I found this one on nashbar and was interested in it for its leather cover. I read other reviews and found that this seat is very firm which I like. I also like buying expensive things for really cheap, so $17 for a $70 seat also felt good, but not as good as this seat on my butt. I have the basic Nisene with foam padding and cro mo rails. Saddles are very subjective for comfort. I happen to like them firm and this is just that. Even if it softens up after breaking in, it should still be fine. If you can pick one up for cheap, go for it.

generic seats from walmart bikes, Specialized Hardrock, Selle Strato Gen 2000.

[Dec 18, 2001]
J Wag

Strength:

Very Comfortable. Light weight. Great looking

Price

This is by far the best saddle I have ever owned. I have never experienced any pain or discomfort since switching over from my Flite. I use the titanium gel version and have since purchased them for all my bikes. Another big plus is that you can custom order via the Fizik website to match your bike and preference for saddle style. TWO BIG THUMBS UP!

Selle Flight, Selle San Marco

[Feb 14, 2004]
Michael

Strength:

Comfortable, easy on/off the back, nose is perfect for sitting right on it for the steep sections

little long of a break-in, but then again, good things come to those who wait

This seat is just about the best seat I have come across. While it took a bit of time for me to break it in to conform to the contours of my rear, once I did, it has been well worth it. I have the plain chromo railed, Black nytex (?) top with leather glide area, and while the nytex has faded to a nice worn in looking tannish color, the rest of the saddle has held up well to all sorts of abuse. I love the fact that the rear end of the saddle is broad enough to give support, but not so broad that you can't get off the back in adverse situations. Plus the saddle narrows out nicely towards the front so that you don't have the shoulders of the addle rubbing uncomfortably on your inner thighs, and the nose is padded nicely so that sitting on the nose for those extra steep climbs is no real issue. It may be a saddle that requires a certain rider style/body type, but all I know is it works for me.

WTB Speed V and SST.X, plus demoed countless others

[Aug 22, 2002]
Bill

Strength:

I set my seats back pretty far, being a tall guy. I have been impressed with its strength and comfort.

Something had to give. It just happened to be the Titanium rails. Also, the scuff guards broke off after one year.

Four years with one seat on a hardtail, riding and racing on the best XC trails in the country. Pretty good, I must say.

WTB

[Oct 02, 2001]
Mike O

Strength:

Light, kind of comfy, gives you good mobility on your bike.

Creeky! Noisy!

(First of all I have the Nisene with the Gel) This seat has been my favorite so far. It took quite a few rides to break it in, but afterwards it has been good. It is kind of comfortable, but if I ride over 35 rough miles my ass will be sore the next day. Beware of the black dye! Yes, that is right it will leave black marks on your shorts if the saddle gets wet or your butt sweats. After 4000 miles, my seat is calling it quits. The right rail has, well broken (??) where it fits into the bumper, causing it to sag to the right. After all of the ass-on-seat jump landings, I am really suprised how well this seat has held up. It did have a period of squeeking that was very annoying, but a little Tri-flow in the area where the rails meet the bumpers took care of it. BOTTOM LINE: This seat is durable (I weigh 180lbs) and about as comfortable as I could expect a seat to be. If you have a chance, try out a friend's first - though it has a nice shape, this seat won't fit everyone.

Selle San Marco Race day

[Sep 28, 2005]
Joseph

Strength:

Good looks, pretty light for a MTB saddle. I found it to be very comfortable.

The plastic nose piece creaks against the rails at times.

First, I realize saddles are very personal things, so what works for my 5'11" 220# frame, may not work for you.

That said, other than my $20 Aireon, this is the best saddle I've used as far as comfort goes. Even more so than the $90 Koobi on my road bike.

I'd recommend it, especially at a sub $50 price.

Aireon Pro, Koobi Enduro

[Aug 11, 2001]
J-BAY

Strength:

If you like this saddle I know where to get one. I saw a whole box load of take off's on sale at Another Bike Shop.

The padding end's to quickly on the edge. Rock hard, and no flex in shell. Make's you not ride your bike.

My other bike has the Wtb.98 seat good stuff. Santa Cruz spec's the nisene and the easton carbon post both of which are going to be replaced. I weigh 200 pounds and this seat does not work for me. You could put this seat on a 6 inch travel bike and it would still feel like a cheap plastic bmx seat.

WTB

[May 23, 2000]
Paul

Strength:

Very comfy for long rides

The leather split on the rear pointy bits after 6 months

Way expensive, and quite comfy too. Leather splitting after 6 months is a major disappointment. Have now bought a cheaper one.

[Sep 10, 2000]
jochen

Strength:

durable, comfort, design

little heavier than others

i prefer that saddle to the flite, althought the flite is a great seat, too.
cause of the high rails the saddle has some more comfort than the others around

flite, vetta