Fizik Dolomiti Saddle

• Ti rails

• USER REVIEWS

[Jun 25, 2003]
    Achim

Strength:

very comfy, design, changeable skuff gards,

"Dolomiti" print comes off

Finally a saddle that does not hurt my butt (not even during a 7 day trip across the alps). But let's start at the beginning: I ordered the saddle via www.fizik.it. The great thing is that you can customize the saddle. You can choose from different colours for the deck, the side and the scuff guards and combine them to the weirdest combinations. Then you can choose the type of padding (Tri-Gel or not) and you can coose between Mangan and Ti-Rails. You "custom designed" saddle arrives after 2-3 weeks (in Germany). First I thought this saddle is a bit wide with too much padding but after a few rides I really started loving it. It's the best one I've ever had. The handling with this saddle is also great: It is sticky when you sit on it but you can easily move around when your standing (Fizik uses different materials for the top and the sides).
    For the guys always complaining about weight: Eat Less and ride more (thats the best and cheapest way to loose weight)

Who sould buy it?: Riders that spend lots of time in the saddle having fun in every terrain (By the way Tinker rides this saddle during 24 h races. That says it all).

Bottom Line: My eyes and my butt love this saddle

FLite, Flite Gel, Body Geometry Comp

[Jun 03, 2003]
    Hardtailforever

Strength:

Good looking, lots of padding, easy to move around on during technical riding, good value

Too wide for performance riding- the forward position requires a narrower saddle. Also, it is very heavy.

I would only recommend this saddle for recreational/ occasional riders. Sure it's well padded, but a saddle shouldn't need nearly as much padding if it's properly shaped. If you lean forward in a performance stance, this saddle quickly becomes uncomfortable. It's totally unacceptable for long rides, and to top it off, it's heavy.

That said, it's a great value, and for what you pay, it's not really that bad. I give it five chilli rating for value, because anything better will cost a lot more, but only three overall, because all it's done is inspired me to spend $160 on a ti-railed Aliante- sooner rather than later.

Selle Italia Flite, Flite gel, Specialized body geometry
    Pave, Aliante (demo only... will be my upgrade for sure!!)

[Nov 09, 2001]
    timothias

Strength:

HAHA! FIRST REVIEW! ok sorry.....it's comfortable, easy to scoot around on, doesn't catch on my clothes. chix dig it

hopefully none.. sitting on a seatpost doesn't sound real appealing...

good seat.

too many

[Nov 18, 2004]
    Caleb Peck

Strength:

Fizik offers countelss color combinations. Very cushy, once broken in... it's definitely not gonna bite back if you loose the pedals and meet the seat on a drop (ride clipless so this won't happen). Strong rails, and mine were Cr-Mo, not the $$$ Ti ones.

Weight, but then again, Fizik claims that the Nisene is a whole five grams heavier. It's also a little bulky for someone riding fast technical stuff that needs to get in and out of the saddle quickly. And finally, distribution... color options are great, but you're gonna have to wait a little while if you're specific about what you want & order from the company.

Not a bad saddle, but availability could be limited unless you order from the website, which may be slow. I was lucky and found exactly what I wanted on ebay. When my bike was stolen a few weeks ago this was one of the components I was saddest to see go.
    In regards to riding styles: this saddle is best suited for light mountain riding, commuting, etc. Of course, you could use it for everything, as I did, and be very satisfied. I don't know why Fizik markets it as a road saddle. I don't remember that being the case when I bought mine. Prospective buyers should understand that the Dolomiti is a little bulky, but the cushiness is nice compensation for someone not looking for a racing saddle. My next saddle will be a Fizik Plateau which comes stock on my new bike. It hasn't arrived yet, so no opinions, but I don't forsee replacing it.

Stock Cannondale Coda seat. Worked fine and was very comfortable until the rails bent after about five years, but I guess that's not too bad of a lifetime. My next saddle will be a Fizik Plateau.

[Apr 25, 2002]
    Jon

Strength:

Doesn't catch my shorts when I shift on and off the saddle. Way comfy on the long rides.

None so far.

At the price I scored this saddle, you can't beat it.

many.

[Apr 26, 2002]
    jason

Strength:

Way comfy, easy to move around on, color options, weight, seems like a quality build(so far).

zip, zero, nada

Much more comfotable than it looks. Suprisingly comfy, no complaints from the boys, cool-ass color options and all for 24 bones? What a deal!!!

Spec Body Geo.(garbage), Selle Italia Trans Am Max(Too wide for the trail, better on the road)

[Jun 05, 2002]
    ron birkenfeld

Strength:

its a saddle.

can'T write them all,it would take to long.

The seat hurts the butt.I can,t say a lot of good things about it. I bought the bike and the saddle came with it . I did not buy this saddle and i don't think i would tell anyone that this is a good seat.

avocet O2