Fizik Chrono Saddle

Road specific design.

alex g   Cross Country Rider [Jun 23, 2003]
Strength:

handcrafted italian leather, super shock absorbing ti-rails, new foam/gel cushioning

starts creaking after a while. silicone

I'm actually reviewing the NIcene saddle which is not listed here. Kudos to Fizik for making such a well crafted saddle. After using a couple of these for a couple of years (one on my 24" bmx cruiser) I biffed on a small bridge (doh) and one of my rails popped out. tried everything to get it back in and didn't want to mangle the titanium with pliers etc so I sent back to Fizik and within 2 weeks had a NEW version thats even better than my old one. Fisher bikes could learn a lesson in customer service from these guys. 2 and a half months later I'm still waiting for a warranty replacement frame. Suck city. If I pick up a new bike (Santa Cruz?) you can bet this saddle will be on it. Viva Italia!

Similar Products Used: WTB, various
OVERALL
Sharon   [May 13, 2005]
Strength:

This is for the Fi'zi:k Nisene also. I liked the narrow feel of the saddle. It came on my bike so I gave it a try.

The type of fabric/leather on this saddle constantly gripped my shorts (wear lycras, not baggies). It constantly pulled my chamois and made the ride very uncomfortable

I liked the narrow saddle. I did not like the long nose and consant pulling on my shorts. Maybe if you wear baggies this would be a good saddle but I wouldn't recommend it.