Ergon SM3 Pro Saddle

Ergon SM3 Pro Saddle

Flex Optimized Carbon Composite saddle shell. Lightweight Tinox hollow rails. Friction minimizing silicon coating prevents chaffing. Soft, breathable, easy to clean, synthetic leather lorica micro-fibre cover. Available in sizes S and L for different sit-bone distances.

[Sep 08, 2015]
Tumid1

Strength:

Its inexpensive to return to Ergon

Everytjing

The other reviews demonstrate just how difficult it is to choose a seat & how personal it is.
I echo Alex's sentiments exactly in that this is by any measure the most uncomfortable saddle I have ever ridden (about 500').

My simple criteria for seat heaven...is it invisible (unnoticible) when I ride. This seat failed to the point that in the 15 seconds I rode it, ALL I could think about was how uncomfortable I was & trying not to slide off it.

It required a readjustment of the seatpost angle to eliminate that problem but that in turn un-masked its biggest shortcoming...a large hump perfectly situated to contact the rider's perineum so much that 5 minutes after my 20 second ride I was still feeling discomfort.

I have ridden & liked the original Flite Carbon on my mtb. a saddle renowned for its discomfort..but that was plush by comparison to this torture device.

This saddle imbodies every possible short-comming roled into one. Its rock hard, its slippery, it will negitively effect your sexual function...which may explain its insidious purpose....

To make this the last generation of cyclists

Various Selle & BPeople

[Mar 20, 2014]
dickt3030

Strength:

Solid build quality, material selection, multiple positions, comfort

Weight

Hands down the best saddle I've ever used, and the last I'll ever use! After years of trying/changing saddles, I thought I had met my match with Fizik. Unfortunately, I was only settling for an inferior product. Once riding the Ergon SM3 Pro I knew it was a game changer. I have done everything from all-day epics, 100-mile races, and XC, and this saddle has never let me down. Racing 100 miles in the roughest of terrain and never having any rear-end soreness to speak of is almost unfathomable. The multiple riding positions and long nose are very well thought-out features from the folks at Ergon, and make riding much more enjoyable.

[Jun 26, 2013]
Taylor Ross

Strength:

Best Saddle I have ever rode on a MTB. I have used it on multiple bikes, Giant Reign and Trek Superfly 100. It worked perfectly on both. I have rode over 500 miles on it so far and I cannot find anything to complain about. I race as a Cat 1 and have been flopping saddles for the last 2 years. I finally found my match. I also have yet to experience any noise coming from the saddle, which has always been a problem for me.

NONE

Overall great saddle for any style of mountain biking.

[Feb 20, 2013]
Alex

Strength:

Solid craftsmanship with leather cover. Long nose.

After many years of riding hands down the most uncomfortable saddle I have ever used. I had Selles, Fiziks, WTBs and others. Ergon claims to have some interesting theories about sit bones but that is all they are. Theories! I tried, I really did, to like this saddle.The pain was there from day one and only got worse over time. Aside of the pain in the you-know-what the flat nose is just a bit too flat and makes you slide. You will have to play around with the angle to make the nose work for you. But again, this will be the least of your problem.

Extremely uncomfortable. I am not a heavy rider and I had done my homework to determine sit bone distance (small in my case). In all my years of riding I have not encountered this kind of pain from a saddle. The only good thing was that I got this saddle from Performance. Thanks to their 100% satisfaction guarantee I was able to return the saddle and get a different one. Ahhh, now riding is fun again.

Selles, Fiziks, WTBs

[Jan 30, 2013]
Rich Maines

Strength:

Comfort and durability are its main strengths. I was impressed with how well your sit bones maintain contact with the saddle. It's almost like you are "snapped in." Be sure to take the time to find the right position for the saddle, it may take a little adjusting, but it's well worth it!

None. I've logged well over 1k miles on this saddle since July '12 and it has performed flawlessly.

Best saddle I've ever owned. I put another one on my road bike. Previous saddles were Selle Italia SLK's.

[Jan 25, 2013]
Livehard

Strength:

Been training and racing on this Saddle side may of 2012 and could not be happier! Much more comfortable then The Flite I had used most my life. Seat has really nice sit bone pockets that are comfortable and seem to offer great support. I noticed much less hip rock with this saddle. Dig the wider nose for climbing as well. Light and classy looking, best saddle I've ever owned!

none yet. Easily 5000+ hard miles on it and it still firm and there are no wear spots or tears.

Highly recommend this saddle to anyone who spends a lot of time sitting in the saddle:)

Flite

[Jan 23, 2013]
Mike Ripley

Strength:

Comfortable, Light weight and goes the distance. Ergon has stepped up with form and function. The SM3 does not disappoint.

None so far after 400 miles

Great Saddle, being that I am on the bike alot either at events or training I needed something that provides strength and functionality and this saddle does both. In fact I want one for my road bike as well. The Platform sits pretty flat which I love (No extra hump placing pressure where its not needed) and with multiple widths to purchase provides an option for any cyclist.

Various saddles of all types over 20 years. Rocket V (WTB) Flite. I seem to keep saddles for quite a few years.