CODA Expert Mountain Saddle Saddle

Expert Mountain Saddle

• Black leather cover with Kevlar side bumpers
  • Manganese rails for strength and durability
  • Side scale indicator on rails for precise adjustment
  • Nose spoiler for additional comfort while carrying your bike
  • Suspension bridge in saddle shell for added comfort
  • CODA logo on sides and rear

• User Reviews (8)

Don Pyle   [Jan 24, 2002]

This is not a good saddle for a guy who weighs 235 and rides 2-3 times a week for a couple of hours per ride. It gets pretty tortorous on the tender areas, believe me! The only remedy is to drink lots of cold beer afterwards, which destroys the benefits of the ride. On the reasoning that life is too short for such maschochism, I just ordered a Fizik MB NewTech saddle. It can't be worse than the Coda thing, I tell myself. Or can it?

Similar Products Used: Nitrox
    Adriaan Veltkamp   Cross Country Rider [Mar 27, 2003]
    Strength:

Looks good, nice leather, kevlar corners

IT WASN'T MADE TO SIT ON!

At first I thought this wouldn't be such a bad saddle, which it wasn't for the first couple of rides, but now my ass (and other parts), start hurting as soon as I sit down.
    This is probably due to the lack of padding, about 3-5mm, wich is not enough for a XC bike! I think the shape of the saddle Isn't too bad, but it could defenitely do with additional padding.

I would only recommend this saddle only to people who like to look at their bike and not actually ride it, or possibly for guys who like the feeling of Numb Nuts...

Similar Products Used: Vetta Tri-shock
    Nebojsa Cabrilo   Cross Country Rider [May 12, 2003]
    Strength:

Cheap

I have to agree with everyone: it's too stiff.

I liked this seadle for about 5 medium rides. But today I came home and I can't fell my boys. I guess it's not bad if you are standng most of the time.
    Anywho, if this happens again I am trowing it away.

MTBRSEA   [Oct 17, 2002]
    Strength:

Ti Rails, seems to be durable, light weight.

Uncomfortable.

Don't ever bother riding this saddle, or you will be in complete pain after a 15 minute ride. Cannondale should stock their bikes with saddles made by a reputable saddle company like Selle Italia or SDG and charge and extra 20 bucks. I am guessing if their pro racers use this saddle, they probably win because they will have to haul ass due to excruciating ass pain just to finish.

I am rating the value at 2 steaming piles of dog crap because the saddle seems durable and light. One pile of crap for the overall rating, since I had to spend an extra 100 bucks after spending $2000 for a saddle that won't cause me to have prostate surgery before I'm 30.

Similar Products Used: Selle Italia Flite, Terry, Avocet
    Joel W   Cross Country Rider [May 10, 2003]
    Strength:

Kevlar corners, pretty durable, and it is light.

Killed my rear when riding. Can't ride on the road for anymore than about 20 minutes without excruciating pain even with padded shorts.

Finally gave up on this saddle and went to something else. I thought it was just me, but it shouldn't have to be this painful.

Finally gave up and bought a Specialized Body Geometry, we'll see how it is after I get it broken in a little more. Early results show much better than the CODA expert saddle.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Body Geometry
    Daniel   Cross Country Rider [Apr 30, 2002]
    Strength:

nice leather and tough corners, lots of room to shift around.

not alot of padding, leather part ripps very easily

alright saddle, don't buy this saddle aftermarket don't waste your money but if it came with the bike its O.K.

Similar Products Used: several no-name brand saddles
    Mario   Cross Country Rider [May 09, 2002]
    Strength:

It's more of a torture device than a saddle.

Anyone who is considering buying a Cannondale F800 or any Cannondale with this saddle, you are better off changing it even before you leave the store with your bike......maybe the dealer will be willing to give you a discount on a real saddle. I went numb within the first half hour of riding. If you cherish your nuts, chuck it and get yourself a real saddle. It's almost as if the people responsible for the design of this seat were trying to create a new sort of birth control or something.