CODA Competition Mountain Saddle Saddle

Competition Mountain Saddle

• Premium Black leather cover with Kevlar side bumpers
  • Strong and light titanium rails
  • Side scale indicator on rails for precise adjustment
  • Nose spoiler for additional comfort while carrying your bike
  • Suspension bridge in saddle shell for added comfort
  • CODA logo on sides and rear

• User Reviews (4)

Connor   Cross Country Rider [Jan 26, 2002]
    Strength:

You think that it would be nice considering the 'premium leather' and titanium rails.

Well, it has good materials, but it was incredibly uncomfortable for me. Even after 5 minutes of riding, I wanted off.

This saddle might be good for you, but after I rode this the first couple of times I felt like I had been kicked. May be best to do a trade up before you take the bike out of the store

Similar Products Used: Soon to get a new saddle that is more suitable for cycling.
    Jamie   Cross Country Rider [Jul 10, 2005]
    Strength:

Light, Looks Good

Hard to find a comfortable position

Very light and works great once you find a comfortable position for it. I found that even changing the angle by a few degrees changed the saddle from unbearable to unnoticeable. It is a great saddle, but you have to find the right spot.

Bram Dally   Cross Country Rider [Nov 28, 2002]
    Strength:

Confortable and durable, Easy to get back forward because of wedge shaped back

I've tried most of the top end saddles and have them hanging on my garage wall (I always give a saddle at least 5 rides before forming an opinion unless it's really bad). While I have no passion for Canondale products in general, this is a big exception. By sliding aft slightly you can change the pressure points entriely--handy on long rides. This is a function of the "swayback" design.

I used to buy the Coda 1000's and while they were just as comfortable, they were not as durable.

All of the Coda saddles are easy move behind and back forward because of the design.

If you ride more than a couple of times a month on technical terrain, this is the saddle.