CODA 900 Saddle Saddle

• Synthetic textured leather cover
  • Center groove for soft tissue relief
  • Kevlar side bumpers
  • Cromoly rails

• User Reviews (39)

steve   Racer [Nov 05, 2001]
    Strength:

NONE NONENONENONENONENONE

everything

I'm 13, i ride on 75 mile long rides weekly. I know how the guy who is 14 feels. I'm afraid i will have no kids. I'm numb, hurting, and calling my dad to pick me up because I cant ride no more. I got a terry fly, it is better, but i'm just numb now, anybody tell me a good seat that does not look embarassing

Similar Products Used: 700, some other crappy coda, serfas, terry
    David   [Jul 13, 1997]

This is the best saddle I have ever tried. I have been on many Vetta saddle and others...but they are worthless compared to the coda saddle. The cusioning is perfect and it is not all that heavy. It allows the movement around the saddle without any restrictions, especially when doing steep behind the saddle riding. I have a Cannondale Killer V 900 which has a relatively short top tube length...thus forcing me to move behind the saddle quite a lot...but I am not complaining thanks to the Coda 900 saddle. It is hard to beleive that Coda made a such a good product (most other coda products are very unreliable).
    The only problem with the saddle is that you can't choose on a different type of rail and the leather cover is not as durable as kevlar...but once my saddle wears out I will still stick to the same saddle.

Art Salmons   Weekend Warrior [Sep 13, 2000]
    Strength:

The saddle is surprising comfortable considering its narrow and thin design. You can also shift your weight from the front to the back easily.

This is a low priced comfotable bike saddle.

william   Racer [Apr 09, 2001]
    Strength:

price. COMFORT. fit. it's FAST. 236 g. slick seat. narrow nose allows close legs for aero. not too soft and not too hard.

it could use a little gel in the nose, but that is minor.

I love this saddle. I'm 155#. It's just soft enough to absorb road bumps, but not too soft to suck down power. Firm enough, but not too firm to bring on numbness. I like being able to scooch back sometimes, and ahhhh comfort then, with speed/power. After 15 saddles in 13 yrs, this is the one. My speed, rpm's, and COMFORT, and riding joy all increase instantly when this saddle is put on. And this is without padded shorts.

Highly recommend to roadies 140 - 170#.

This is the only saddle I'm giving 5 chili's.

Similar Products Used: more than 15 saddles. heck my screen name is named after a bike saddle.
    peter   Cross Country Rider [Jan 12, 2001]
    Strength:

cost, shape

none so far

i have read much of the review complaining about this saddle, but i have a high sit bone, so this saddle works for me. at the low cost from the excess saddle bin at my lbs, i outfitted all three in my stable with this saddle. only change i would make is to shorten the nose a bit.

Similar Products Used: san marco concor light, various san marco saddles
    Brian   Cross Country Rider [Mar 23, 2000]
    Strength:

comfortable, easy to shift your weight around

takes breaking in, slightly heavy

First of all, I got my CODA 900 for only $7 on super sale at my local bike shop. My first reaction when I sat down on it after bolting it on was "Dang this seat is hard!" But, after a few hours in the saddle it loosened up a bit and now I think it might be more comfortable than my old Vetta. I also like how easy it is to shift my weight back and forth on the seat for different conditions. It's also cut just right so when landing, it doesn't hurt your thighs if your weight is behind the seat.
    Keep in mind, I gave it 5 squigly things on value because i got it for only 7 bucks and I have no idea how much it really costs at normal price.

Similar Products Used: Vetta Flex
    A Wheelman   Cross Country Rider [Feb 20, 2000]
    Strength:

Fits my ass. It may not fit yours. Easy to slide weight back. Fairly light.

No reinforcement in corners, so I expect it to wear eventually. Took some fiddling to get the angle adjustment right.

A good mountain bike saddle. I had it on my road bike for a while but it wasn't as good for that purpose. I have a WTB SST-X which I prefer for the road but off road the CODA is better. Can't slide back for downhills as easily on the SST (or the crossbow I used to use) 'cause my legs get in the way. 5 flaming herring for value because I got it cheap.

Similar Products Used: Lots.
    bin   Weekend Warrior [Sep 16, 1999]

I have owned about 12 bikes so far and about 15 seats. This is one of the worse ones. It is bad design and poor material. It is paradoxical that the softer saddles feel, usually the less comfortable they actually are. Simple logic, if the foam/rubber/gel/orwhatever gives nicely under your 15lb finger pinching force, it will give too easily when you have your 180lb fat ass on it, Just imagine sitting on a sponge on a rock. Besides, the design is no good. Now don't tell me you should sit on your sitbones. Why not have two needles instead of your saddle so you can sit right on your sitbones? It is about dispersing body weight as evenly and widely as possible. Just sitting on the sitbones is uncomfortable too.
    One piece of advise: try a Vetta SL that is onsale for $12.99 everywhere. It was the standard mid level saddle 5 years ago and lost favor these days. But it is more comfortable than the flite(which has better looks), Giro Fizi:k (which has even better looks), and certainly than the Coda.For those Coda lovers who ride no more than 30 miles a week and have owned no other saddles, try a 3 hours ride and try other saddles.

Darek   Weekend Warrior [Jul 23, 1999]
    Strength:

fast looks,
    size and fit

none so far,
    who cares about the paint

I am kind a big boy (200 lbs) so when I bought the bike a month ago I thaought the tiny seat would go right up my ... But it's been great so far, very comfy, it felt right on the first ride. I'll give it 5 hot habaneros.