CODA 700 Saddle Saddle

700 Saddle

CODA 700 Saddle

Nicholas Zimmer   Cross Country Rider [May 07, 2000]
Strength:

Softer in rear great for people who sit far on the back

easily bendable rais tip of nose hard as hell

Good Seat for money ride it with a chamois and if you ride the nose on uphill pick another saddle

Similar Products Used: Selle Italia Flite
SirChomps-a-Lot   Cross Country Rider [Feb 06, 2000]
Strength:

light, narrow, looks OK

weak, construction isn't great, numbness on long rides

I was riding around in my driveway trying to figure out how to do trackstands, etc. because my weiner friend didn't want to go riding and I have no car. Anyway, I was seeing how high I could get the front off the ground. I was clipped in and I ended up going over backwards and slamming the saddle, as well as my ass, into the concrete HARD from the back. The rails on the saddle got all mangled and my ass still hurts. Anyway, I liked that saddle; it was narrow and allowed mobility unlike the WTB my weenie friend rides. The cover on the 700 tended to scratch and tear easily in crashes but the rails never bent until I smashed the hell out of it in the above mentioned manner. It came spece'd on the super V so I don't know how much it cost. My advice would be to not boter replacing it unless you break it. Too bad about smashing it, but I was looking for an excuse to buy more bike crap anyway. That flite is gonna be sweet.

Similar Products Used: gonna get a selle italia flite gel ti
Chris   Weekend Warrior [Jul 31, 1999]
Strength:

Light

Could be considered a form of birth control

NUMB! That's all you feel after using this saddle This P.O.S came stock on my 99 F700 (which now comes with a CODA Performance Saddle) and immediately went to the top of my replacement list. I can't describe what on the saddle causes the numbing of gonads except for maybe it focuses all the weight on a single point. It's light but it's like riding a hockey stick, which is much like using this saddle. No stars if possible.

Similar Products Used: Specalized Body Geometry, various others.
Matt   Cross Country Rider [Apr 10, 2002]
Strength:

inexpensive (came with Dale i bought on eBay). no break in period. narrow. fairly light. comfortable

weak rails

i love this saddle. its narrow so i can move my a** around during hairy descents. its light (i'm no gram counter). it looks good with a low profile design. its black - matches my bike. and most of all - it's comfortable! i think the weak design actually gives it a pseudo suspension system. the saddle flexes with alot of pressure (don't think that's what it was meant to do - but it sucks up the bumps!) who needs to spend 50 bones on a hyped italian saddle anyway. viva america! give me my cheap coda 700 saddle or give me death. it works! by the way, i'm looking for a new one right now since a bent up my old one doing the same thing the guy below me did...practicing wheelies in my backyard and got laid out on my back with my feet still clipped in. HA! busted my arse and my saddle.