Chromag Bikes Trailmaster LTD Saddle

Chromag Bikes Trailmaster LTD Saddle

[Jul 02, 2014]
fishwrinkle
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

$100 at bike bling, Ti rails, surprisingly comfortable outta the box

very flexy and makes a creaking racket while seated

well i have only around a 100 miles on this saddle but felt compelled to review it. all the reviews i've read on this saddle made me buy it, well the $100 ticket at bike bling did too. right outta the box this seat is pretty amazing as far as fitting me and having a sorta broke in feeling. i'm hoping that it don't break in much more as i would fear it being sloppy in the long run. now on to my big issues. i can't get over the fact that this seat flexes (Ti rails) so much with out effort and it is loud with all the creaking from the flexing. luckily i am riding this bike ss for the moment and mashing most of the time. when i go back to 1x10 then i'll have to use a different saddle. hope i got a lemon cause i don't see how guys can ride like that.

OVERALL
[Jan 19, 2014]
blackhammer

Strength:

Looks great, adds character to the bike, good support for my sit bones, and easy to move around upon.

Expensive, discoloration after it gets wet?

I'm a Clyde who's very hard on saddles. I usually get 3-6 months out of saddles in the $60 range before the cover's torn to hell, the padding's soft and the shell's cracked. I also like a very firm saddle, using a Brooks on my road bike. The trail master ltd has held up for a full season with no tears and still feeling very supportive. It was immediately comfortable and has broken in nicely on my hardtail. The only negative I can say is that it looked a little worse for wear after a day of being subjected to a downpour. I put a little proof ride on it after it dried and the leather appeared to recover pretty well. It is expensive, but I can't say how much of a negative that is after only one season. If it lasts two to three years for me I'd say bump up the value. I like it so much I bought another one to put on my new rip9 rdo. First time I've ever bought the same model of saddle twice.