Brooks Professional 'S' Saddle

Brooks Professional 'S' Saddle

• Women's specific model
  • Black w/ chrome rails
  • Antique brown w/ chrome rails
  • Honey w/ copper plated rails

• USER REVIEWS

[Dec 24, 2003]
    chuck cypert

Strength:

Classic beauty, timeless design.

Heavy, limited fore/aft adjustability due to short ramp on the rails.

I originally purchased this for a restoration project but then found another Brooks I preferred for that so this one ended up on a mountain bike. You will either love a Brooks saddle or hate it, no in between. I am a huge fan, they work well for me, and I love the way they look.

The saddle is small for a man, perhaps, but it works well off-road where I am on and off the thing all the time. Tough, it is scuffed up from crashes and stuff but the leather is thick and sturdy. Goop it up good with Proofide (bottom too) and set it in the sun several days in a row and then ride. Repeat as necessary.

Too many to count over the years.

[Jan 21, 2002]
    Andreas Ruediger

Strength:

After a complete treatment with Proofide Grease and 300 km of "pain in the ass" this saddle as well as the Professional itself takes the shape of the rider's anatomy. From then onwards it is like a part of you.

Sensitive to rain. Once wet, the saddle needs to dry properly. Otherwise it will be irreversibly streched. This can only be compensated to some extent. Due to the treatment of the saddle with Proofide especially the brown saddle may colour your trousers.

Strongly recommended for all those who are looking for a comfortable saddle for either travel or fun. 250 km are no problem even without special trousers once the saddle is formed. Probably a bit to heavy for race (-> brooks swift). Apart from my Magura Brakes the part of the bike that will never be sold.

Brooks Professional
    Brooks Colt
    Brooks SwiftBrooks Conquest

[Jun 10, 2002]
    Robin

Strength:

Sturdy, durable, superb craftsmanship yet very utilitarian

None for me, but if you like something with gel or padding, this ain't the saddle. Use a cover to keep the rain off - you can buy special ones for saddles or use a complimentary shower cap pilfered from a motel.

Great saddle. Haven't noticed any of my Brooks discoloring my shorts, but I have black saddles and wear black shorts. I've had no break-in period with any of my Brooks - they feel good from the moment they go on the seat posts. I'm always making changes to my bikes, but the Brooks saddles are an automatic. A coating of Proofide a couple of times a year and my saddles and me are happy.

Brooks Flyer S, Avocet O2 Air 40 Women's