Bontrager SSR Saddle

The SSR packs incredible value into a sleek, versatile design that's right at home, on-road or off. An excellent upgrade over most stock bike saddles, the gender-specific SSR featured Bontrager's exclusive Contoured Relief Zone (CRZ) for better pressure dispersal and improved comfort.

SlickWilly8019   All Mountain Rider [Dec 09, 2012]
Strength:

Plush padding, short nose no more getting hung up on the nose in baggy shorts, absorbs bumps and doesn't transfer it to your butt.

none that I can think of.

I got the black & white version of this one marked WSD that means its meant for women I knew it but needed wider without becoming a commuter seat. The only difference I could discern from the mens & womens version is the length of the nose and the little bit wider sit bone coverage. I sat on both versions at the LBS on the same bike, the wsd version felt better, now that I've been on several longer rides with this seat I no longer feel like I am required to wear padded shorts. The CRZ appears to be the same on mens & womens.

Similar Products Used: Stock Bonny Marlin seat
Gabe   [May 12, 2012]
Strength:

Comfortable

None as of yet

Got this on my wife's bike. She like it a lot.

Angryhalfling   Cross Country Rider [Oct 21, 2011]
Strength:

Awesome comfort

Is described as "Female Specific Saddle" on some listings, huh>

This really rolls for the big fellas. I was 120kg when I started rolling with this, took my weight seriously and at 95kg am still loving this saddle after trying various lighter versons.

Im on a full sus bike but seriously, for no nonsence comfort this thing is absolutley outstanding value for money and if your a stocky/heavier type I just cant recommend this enough.

Horrified when I was looking for this for my commuter bike and saw it listed as "female specific". HUH????????

jan jakoubek   Cross Country Rider [Jun 04, 2011]
Strength:

very comfy and good cheap saddle

are companies what can go lower with price but always is hard to know if you can expect the same quality.This is great entrance seat and if you looking for something cheaper but good try Selle royal mach.I change just because they crashed my old bike.

Similar Products Used: selle royal Mach
Twisted1   Downhiller [May 31, 2011]
Strength:

looks, dosnt get in the way, feels good on sit bones

only weakness is the white color fades

bottom line is this is a great cheap saddle. It feels great for all day riding, it dosnt get in the way for freeriders, and it looks great. I wouldnt reccomend it for new people to riding because they are kinda wimpy and dont even know what a great saddle feels like. They think it has to have 8 inches of foam to feel good.

Similar Products Used: none
DBackRider08   Cross Country Rider [Apr 26, 2011]
Strength:

Plush padding, perfect width for my sit bones.

I wanted to stick with Bontrager stuff on my bike and the stock saddle had to go so bought the SSR. Didn't know what to expect from this saddle but first time out, I was riding and having fun without any pain on my bum. I'm bit of a clyde at 6'1" 245lbs and this saddle does the job perfectly well. I don't feel any pressure or pain that was involved with the stock saddle with the SSR saddle and the width is just perfect for my fat bottom. I don't about durability yet but I say if you don't want to spend a ton on a saddle, give these a try.

Kanglin1   Weekend Warrior [Nov 15, 2010]
Strength:

To narrow and not enough padding

Don't spend your money on this piece of junk. I only had this one, cause it came stock on my bike. This was the first thing I changed out.