Bontrager Select Saddle

• Unconditional Comfort
  • Cover: Synthetic Leather
  • Soft and comfortable ride

klyleq67   Cross Country Rider [Oct 20, 2010]
Strength:

build quality seems to be quite robust, degree of flex in body of the seat is nice and plenty of padding

a little heavy and a touch narrow

only ridden on this seat a few times and it feels unusually uncomfortable for all the padding etc. I think given the right set up this seat will be v.comfortable but not sure if I have the patience to fiddle around with settings when I can just whack a SDG Bel Air seat on the bike and ride into the sunset with little thought of carrying a haemorrhoid cushion with me everywhere

Similar Products Used: SDG Bel Air
analogmike   Weekend Warrior [Jul 21, 2009]
Strength:

It's more comfortable than sitting on a bare seatpost.

It's only marginally more comfortable than sitting on a bare seatpost.

This is the most uncomfortable saddle I have ever ridden with. Even a 10 minute ride was painful. I tried to get used to it but eventually broke down and got a comfortable saddle that I can ride for hours. Stay away from this saddle unless you have no choice.

Similar Products Used: Nothing this bad.
spiritbear   Cross Country Rider [Jul 18, 2009]
Strength:

Can move around on it to try to ease the pain. It has not fallen off yet--but maybe if it had I would have replaced it already. In the hunt now as a result of the pain after 2 hour or so.

Hey it's a cheap, stock saddle so it's nothing but weak.

Needed to get a bike here and was not sure about the reality of riding in this crazy city, but finally bit the bullet. The 4300 seemed like a safe bet. I knew the saddle most likely sucked, but was not going to shell out any more cash until I knew riding was going to be a regular deal here. Well found some great routs and now am out 3-4 hours at a time, but my ass is suffering miserably, even while typing this. I thought 1500 - 2000 miles should hardened things up, but not with this saddle. No substitute for a good saddle if you can afford it. Brooks may be heavy, but it's time to invest in the best.

Similar Products Used: Avocett 02
m2fit4u2   Weekend Warrior [Jul 04, 2009]
Strength:

Price, Comfort

Poor Quality but what do you expext for a $10 saddle.

This $10 saddle (on sale) is more comfortable than my $130 WTB Devo. The WTB Devo is not bad, but you seem to lose comfort when you go with a lighter saddle. These are just my opinions, I am no pro rider, I put on about 50 miles a week. I feel this is a good saddle for the money.

Similar Products Used: WTB Devo
pabiker7   Weekend Warrior [Oct 12, 2008]
Strength:

Cheap

Cheaply made
hurts
falls apart

Don't buy unless you like having a sore butt and a saddle that falls apart after a month.

WTB Silerado Pro
ZombieFood   Weekend Warrior [Sep 30, 2008]
Strength:

Its not a sharp punji stick

its a blunt punji stick

Better than sitting on the seat post naked but its really not that great. I figured i should ride it a bit to get used to it and I did. Its ok when I am riding it but later that day after riding 2 hrs, the movie Deliverance comes to mind. Like someone hit me in the butt with a hammer.

Similar Products Used: cheap seats on department store bikes (which are better)
Ktse   Weekend Warrior [Sep 29, 2008]
Strength:

- Pretty light? I don't race competitively so it's not like I'm noticing the difference.
- It's a saddle and it was actually somewhat comfortable when it wasn't bent.

- Durability; there is none. The rails are bent completely into the seat and I wouldn't consider myself too aggressive or considered too heavy for the average seat (165 lbs). My 10 year old seat on my beater still has perfectly straight rails.

Do not waste your money on this seat! If you get this seat with your bike, try to get the LBS to switch it with a different seat; anything but this!

Similar Products Used: Cheap Velo saddle on my beater.
Holy_Roller   Cross Country Rider [Sep 09, 2008]
Strength:

NONE

Extremely uncomfortable

This seat came on a Gary Fisher I bought about 3 months ago. Bontrager might as well sell coke bottles with seat post mounts. I walk like a mule just kicked my boys after an hour of riding. Prior to this seat, I rode a Specialized, and never thought twice about the seat. I kept thinking I just needed to adjust to this one, but after 3 months of brutality, I'm going back to Specialized or WTB.