Bontrager Saddle Saddle

Bontrager

sam   Cross Country Rider [May 06, 2010]
Strength:

looks good

its like sitting on a cement block with sharp edge.. would not give this saddle away for free to anyone

i removed this socalled great saddle and replaced it with a saddle off of an old cheap walmart kent glendale.. now its like setting in your ez chair.. just goes to show you, high price does not always get you the best....

f   Weekend Warrior [Jul 03, 2008]
Strength:

good papreweight

uncomfortable and weak

bars that hold it to the seatpost bended and seat fell off,i didn't notice it untill i got home,i only sat on it if i was very tired.

Jim   Weekend Warrior [Jun 29, 2003]

I got my Bontrager seat stock on my Trek. This seat caused hideous pain on even the shortest rides! Then it started to fall apart and developed these jagged plastic claws that ripped my clothes and flesh. Mercifully it busted (bent right in two!) when I hit a good bump. About four weeks after that, the feeling returned to my testicles. Now I have a Koobi seat and my jewels are fine and happy! Long rides are a breeze, too. Ahhhh. No one should buy this seat and suffer the anguish. If you have one, give it away (No, on second thought, that would be cruel!); throw it away, or go over some hellacious bumps to get it to bust. Having that seat break was the best thing that ever happened to me. There is a God ...

Scott   Cross Country Rider [Mar 17, 2006]
Strength:

You can use it as a weapon

It's like riding with a brick on your seatpost. A sharp brick.

This thing blows. No padding, whatsoever. Maybe it fits someone else. I don't know. I went numb on the 20 minute ride I took today. Thank god I have a WTB Laser V progel coming in the mail. Ti rails. WooHoo! Anyhow, don't buy this saddle. Invest in something that will allow you to have children down the road. If it comes stock on your bike, just go ahead and replace it right away. It's not worth it.

Similar Products Used: Trek, WTB, Fizik, Terry
Steve   [Dec 10, 2007]
Strength:

It beat riding just on the seat post when the bike was new

Man, did it hurt!

I thought it was just a matter of getting used to it, since I was pretty much a rookie rider. But, man o man did it make me hurt for it! I nicknamed it the "taint wrecker" because it numbed me up and made me hurt no matter what I did. I replaced the seat and my nether regions have never thanked me more. I guess it's a matter of fit, but be careful hopping onto this saddle! It came on the bike, so I'm not sure what the value would've been.

Similar Products Used: Specialized
Jon Burnley   Weekend Warrior [Mar 15, 2008]
Strength:

Looks nice!?

Hard on the butt

Got my Trek Alpha (21.5)less than a month ago,first time on the trails and I was out in the woods 3 miles deep, my Bontrager seat broke. The piece of plastic that holds the nose of the seat broken in two and my seat fell to the ground. Definetly a manufacturer defect. I wasn't riding the bike hard, I had my wife with me and we were taken it easy. Very disappointed! I just hope someone will step up and take care of this for me. The seat is not comfortable but you do get used to it after a little while. Overall a ok seat as long as it does break on you 3 miles deep in the woods!

Similar Products Used: n/a
Elvis   Cross Country Rider [Dec 29, 2005]
Strength:

none other than harder than hell

its harder than hell

get rid of it if youve got it wish i could give less than one chilli

Frank   weekend warrior [Mar 27, 1998]

This saddle came on my Fisher Josuha. I was expecting a good saddle on a great bike! WRONG! For short rides (less than 2 hours) its acceptable (if you dont mind some inconvience). Long rides forget it! Its just to painfull. I just purchased the new Terry Pro Lib for men (center cut) and have done some riding in the mountains of NC. Great Saddle! No Pain, no pressure, and for $45 not bad in the value area. Highly recommend the Terry (for non racers).

Joel   cross-country rider [May 12, 1996]

This saddle sucks! I bought this saddle because it was light and I thought it was comfortable but it sucks. My butt hurts just after 15 minutes of riding. I would not recommend this seat to anybody.

Ski   weekend warrior [Jun 10, 1996]

Ok, I can't exactly describe how much my butt hurt after a wek on this saddle. But then I got used to it. In case you didn't know, the sides are cut back a bit to help you move past it backwards when goin down those What have I done now inclines. I do just that. I think it will come down to personal preferance, but for me this saddle works great. Not for the wide-hipped, though.