Bontrager Inform R Saddle

• Hollow cro-moly steel rails

[Aug 30, 2010]
hellokitty
Downhiller

Strength:

it is meant to be a road saddle but i use it for downhill which proves it is a insanely strong seat and is surprisingly comfortable.

material on cover and

good seat buy it

sdg belair, and countless dj's

[Aug 12, 2009]
Pro4tundra

Strength:

Comfortable, light, cromolly seatrails, great looks

Pointy parts on the end of the seat

I bought this saddle after breaking my old saddle in a rockgarden. The inform saddles are very comfortable if you get fitted and buy the right size seat. A decent amount of padding but chamois is definitely a bonus for you butt. My shorts do get caught from time to time when you drop back behind the saddle but haven't ripped them yet.

Bontrager sport

[Aug 07, 2009]
los36

Strength:

Good quality, respectable weight, works for me.

Points on the back of the saddle are too sharp for off-road riding.

I really like this saddle. It fits well for XC and road riding. The narrow version of this saddle works for XC.
It's hard to give quantitative arguments when talking about saddles. I personally liked the way it fits me the best for XC < 3 hrs. For longer rides, I use the WTB.
The down side is that I've torn 3 pairs of short by getting them snagged on the points at the back of the saddle. Getting behind the saddle for downhills and then quickly returning to the saddle or moving forward for a climb, causes problems. I like the saddle, but replacing shorts is expensive. I am looking for a saddle that feels as good but with smoother lines right now.
I do have the mid-width (a little more comfort) version of the saddle on my road bike. I find it works as well and the shape is not problematic in that environment.
For Off-Road, I give it this: Value=3, Overall=2