Bontrager FS +10 Race Saddle

FS +10 Race

Bontrager FS +10 Race

fcaw11   Weekend Warrior [Apr 20, 2009]
Strength:

it's leather, saddle shape make it easy to slide behind saddle

Weight, just uncomfortable. My old Vetta GEL was more comfortable than this saddle!

This review is for Bontrager FS +10, not the Race version. It came stock on a Trek

Similar Products Used: Vetta GEL
SMAN   Weekend Warrior [Jan 03, 2000]
Strength:

Price
Comfort

A little slack in the padding.

This seat is awesome...and the price simply cannot be beat. I like the feel and the way I can move around on it. It blows away the Titec Berserker I used to ride on...although my arse did adjust to it's rather rock-like feel.

Similar Products Used: Titec Berserker
Mike S   Weekend Warrior [Jan 03, 2000]
Strength:

very comfortable and
soooooo inexpensive

a Bontrager product with a weakness???

At 15 clams from Pr... POi.. this seat is a steal. Now I thrash for hours and I dont have the pain from the seat to remember the ride. Almost as comfortable as the gel seat that came with my Nishiki. This is a great affordable saddle.

Similar Products Used: The rock seat that is stock on the 1999 KHS sport
CK   Cross-Country Rider [Dec 29, 1999]
Strength:

Cheap. Looks o.k.

I'm still sore a week after I ride the thing. You get what you pay for, at least you do (or, rather, don't) in this case.

Set your sights higher.

alex   Cross-Country Rider [Jan 02, 2000]
Strength:

flat, wide, easy to get behind
best value @ 15$ for Kev cromo

weight?

Every butt is different, but if you tried a couple seats and you have trouble this is THE seat to try. Can't ride narrow seats sorry Italia!
This one: Not cutout, but it doesn't have to. Flat, wide and yet easy to slide behind. Wide nose and you can actually seat on it while climbing without putting pressure on sensitive areas. easy to slide forward/enter back. Have tried Vector /pox on Ritchey/ and couldn't walk 4 days after 2hr ride. F+10 felt soo nice after 4hr ride, rode next day.
Don't know what guy below is talking about

Similar Products Used: Ritchey Vector WCS
Italia Flite
Bonti Selle Marco
off brand boat anchor (actually good one)
Grant   Weekend Warrior [Sep 13, 2000]
Strength:

Came stock. Didn't have to buy it. The slight size.

Hurts after a few good days of riding. The nose will make a punk out of you on a climb.

This seat comes close to working. The slim shape lets it never get in the way when you need to get behind it or to the side. That's good. What's bad is the change from ischial tuberosities to ishcial callosities I experience after long rides. That means it makes me like a baboon. I am prepared to accept that I am a wimp in this regard.
I weigh 200 lbs. for purposes of comparison, but I wear it well.

jp   Cross Country Rider [Jan 15, 2000]
Strength:

Plush , cheap , looks 2 kill , lasted 896796 times longer then the stock seat on my 1998 gary fisher kaitai

a tad heavy , one of the corners ripped .

this saddle rules.
I'm gonna get another one for my 2nd hardtail.

Similar Products Used: mongoose seat , velo ccrossbow , specialized prolong , body geometry sprot , selle san marco integra ....
Johnny   Weekend Warrior [Aug 10, 1999]
Strength:

Fits well around legs and butt. Well padded

Can be lighter, but with the padding you get, canoot complain too much.

Great saddle. I will try the Selle Italia Flite (Genuine Gel) next.

Similar Products Used: Avocet O2 Ti
Justin   Cross-Country Rider [Aug 08, 1999]
Strength:

good looks, well paded

nothing so far

the first day i got this i fell in love with it, it is the most comfortable thing iv ever sat on thats not ugle, i got this from pricepoint.com for 15 bucks it is well worth 45 with kevlar and leather and cro mo rails. if you are looking for a new saddle call pricepoint

Similar Products Used: WTB
Rob   Cross Country Rider [Sep 07, 2000]
Strength:

Looks, Weight, Value

None for me

I think this saddle is great. Everything is subjective and saddles are possibly the most subjective. (Let's face it, no 2 butts are alike!) I found the old stock saddle (WTB SST.X) just plain uncomfortable. The rear was wide and hard, and just didn't work for me.

The narrow profile and thick padding of the FS+10 make the XC riding that I do very nice. I think the continual moving and shifting in XC riding (front of saddle for the climb, out of the saddle for descending, seated for rolling single track, etc.) works well with is saddle. For road riding (like bike paths with my kids), where you stay seated, it's less comfortable, about equal to the SST.X.

For the price I don't think you can go wrong if you try this one! If you spend $15 and don't like it, it's not the end of the world. This is a much more affordable experiment than a $50-$100 saddle like a Flight or a Specialized.