Bontrager Evoke R Saddle

Evoke R

• Performance-oriented riding position
  • Gender-specific Contour Relief Zone (CRZ)
  • Saddle shape is optimized for off-road riding
  • Nylon/Composite base
  • Abrasion-resistant edges

RoyalFlush29er   [Sep 10, 2012]
Strength:

Comfy, Decent price

None so far.

I rode 18 miles through some bumpy single track a few days ago and I'm glad I chose this saddle. I almost bought the Evoke RXL Carbon, but the Evoke R is more comfortable in my opinion. It's worth the extra weight for more comfort.

steve   Cross Country Rider [Jun 28, 2012]
Strength:

Comfortable, reasonably priced.

None so far.

Bought to replace the OE saddle on my Scott Scale 70, which was worn, compressed, and had a bent rail so I was riding off-kilter. This saddle is WAY more comfy than the Scott OE ever was...value seems good...reasonably priced and moderate weight. It's not superlight, but it was less than $100 so I didn't expect any more. It's in line with the weight and price point of my bike, so a good overall match. Keeping the 4-star rating since I have ridden only twice with it and can't comment on durability.

salsamoto   [May 08, 2012]
Strength:

after trying tons of seats i tryed this. good size and after riding 2 times this weekend on my old seat with gel shorts and going to this my but was not sore after the ride with out gel shorts.

want another one now or the other bike

great seat and its nice to not have my but sore after rides now. will be getting another one for my other bike.

hkmeup   Cross Country Rider [Apr 11, 2012]
Strength:

Comes in widths- the 138mm fits me perfectly. Excellent support from the contoured shell. Padding is just right, comfortable but not mushy feeling.

None. Maybe it's a tad heavy at about 290 grams, but that's not a big deal for me. I would like to see the R model padding on the RL titanium rail version, though.

After many months and several saddles later, I've found THE saddle for me. This Evoke R saddle is something I never think about during rides... and that's a good thing. It has excellent support and just molds to my ass. I believe getting sized for your particular anatomy makes a big difference for riding comfort.

The last two saddles I used prior to the Evoke were a WTB Rocket V which wasn't quite wide enough even for my 5'7" 130 lb frame, and a WTB Volt saddle which gave me such bad saddle sores I actually had to see a dermatologist.

One thing I need to comment on is that I first tried the RL titanium version of this saddle, and that one was not nearly as comfortable as the R. The padding was too thin, which resulted in some sit bone discomfort. Also, the thin padding meant that the hollow for the private parts was not quite as deep as with the R model, so I did get some discomfort, not really numbness, down there.

With the 30 day no questions asked return policy Bontrager offers, it's worth giving this saddle a shot if you are at all unhappy with your current saddle.

fubbaquestor   Cross Country Rider [Dec 02, 2010]
Strength:

Its comfortable, it's cheap, Its got sizes

None so far

It's a great fit, and I would recommend this to anybody looking for a great saddle. Prolly gonna get a RXL version sometime in the future