Bontrager C-20 Saddle

C-20

Bontrager C-20

Matt   Cross Country Rider [Feb 28, 2002]
Strength:

narrow back for exit/re-entry, durable materials (including rails)

takes a little getting used to, shape's not for everybody

Okay, so I know I'm shaped funny. I've got super-narrow hip bones and big quads and hamstrings. This means that 99% of all saddles are too wide in the back for me to slide off of (that's the easy part), then re-mount easily. I catch my (spandex) shorts on them all the time, even the '01 Race Lite. So when Bonty quit making the FS, I was pissed. Needless to say, this saddle is the bee's knees for me.

Yeah, it takes a little while to break in, but that used to be the norm for all saddles, like my dad's all-leather (no padding) Brooks saddle from '66. I love it. Works great for me and doesn't rip open in a crash.

All you wider-hipped people can buy a Flite or WTB or Fizik or whatever works for you. I can't.

Similar Products Used: Bontrager '00 FS (stolen, best saddle ever!), '01 Bontrager Race Lite (way too wide in the back)
Tim   Cross Country Rider [Apr 24, 2000]
Strength:

Narrow fairly lite

Hard as a brick. cover ripped on first impact.

Got this thing on a trade. butt goes numb on rides over a few miles.Keith should stick to building frames.

Dan   Weekend Warrior [Apr 03, 2000]
Strength:

narrow

this saddle should be renamed the Impotence Master 1000. It is like riding on a rail.

worthless