Azonic Lounge Seat Saddle

1" longer than the Azonic "Love Seat", the LOUNGE SEAT is made of Kevlar with Armortex.

Jon T   Weekend Warrior [Nov 26, 2001]
Strength:

THE STRONGEST SEAT.

Bit hard to sit on at first but once broken in ITS FRIKKEN SWEET!

This seat rocks ass! Its a bit stronger then the Funn Launch Pad, however both seats are made by Velo so they are pretty much the same. The seat looks mega huge and ugly off the bike but once on, its pretty sweet. My suggestion go test this seat out and if you like it then buy it! Itr runs for $130 CDN and it hink every penny was worth it!

Similar Products Used: Funn Launch Pad (Demo'd, also good seat!)
Bryan Lord   Downhiller [Oct 19, 2002]
Strength:

size and shape are great.

they break very easy. broke two of them in one season. find that the kevlar gets week once it is exposed to UV (all Kevlar does this)

could be built better. the Kevlar is inherintly week when exposed to UV light. the Rails need to be attached to the seat better. I found they break at the joint of plastic and the metal.

Similar Products Used: none the size of the Azonic
Robert   Weekend Warrior [Mar 19, 2007]
Strength:

Everything on the dang thing

Nothing on it

Its a killer seat, I'm not a big rider but it has survived some Bad wrecks on rocks and road just rubbed a little of Azonic off of the side of it. If your into Jumping and stuff like that on a hardtail get it. You will be very happy with it.UNBREAKABLE

Similar Products Used: just stock seats on my old bikes
ian   Weekend Warrior [Nov 25, 2001]
Strength:

comfortable beyond beleif
long
the front is wide

none that i know of

great seat, feels like your sitting on a squishy pad, if i had the money i would get one ( not to long now), if your going to be doing downhill or free ride , buy this seat

Similar Products Used: none
Greg   [Apr 10, 2004]
Strength:

Good seat for short rides.

Long rides aren't that great. My butt and my back hurt a lot after a long ride.

Good downhilling seat, not good for longer rides or cross country.

Brandon Pierce   Downhiller [Mar 27, 2003]
Strength:

so sweet. It keeps my love machine in perfect condition and it has the greates feel. The whole seat is sooo strong and its kevlar so it basically wont tear

not any i can see but not the best race seat you need to be able to move more

if you want somthing that feels great and will let your balls stay safe this is the seat it is also bombproof so it doesnt get much better

Similar Products Used: SDG kevlar
Brian TL   Weekend Warrior [Dec 31, 2002]
Strength:

BIG, Lots-o-Room, Comfy

Seat was a tad bit crooked out of the box, but put the ham fisted twist to it clamped in the S.P. rails and it straigtened out. Heavy if you compare it to skinny regular seats...

The Seat will rub you in a few different places at first (you'll get used to it, just like all seats), but this thing FINALLY solved the numb dick problem!!! Easy to move around on for climbs, fairly cushy, kevlar has held up so far. The rails are 8mm instead of 7mm standard on most seats, so watch the fit into the seat post. Mine will every once in a while creak a bit, but no biggie. Everyone will have a comment on the trail about your seat...mostly positive. This seat is not just for downhillers or freeriders...anyone that's tired of numbness in the nether regions should try this seat. I highly recommend!!!

Similar Products Used: Mostly Selle Italia Flights...
Hank Greene   Downhiller [Aug 06, 2003]
Strength:

gnarly kevlar wont rip. super squishy, easy on the pelotas. thick cromo rails are good and sturdy. this thing has the hugest nose ive ever seen, and it really helps while going downhill, you can squeeze it between your legs and it helps you accelerate out of corners better.

the kevlar sprouts this weird fur-stuff.

i bought this seat the day before i went to mammoth mountain for a week. i kinda got ripped off, but the entire seat is kevlar, not just the sides and back (a little unnessecary) but i was desparite. this seat is basically the same as the love seat, with an extra inch in back that is just a ramped platfor so you wont nut it when you are staying behind the seat and come to a quick stop (tree, boulder, etc...) the nose of this seat is awesome, its big and fits perfect between your legs, when you go into a turn, get off the seat, and squeeze your legs, and you will rocket out of the turn. i dont know why, it just works like that. bottom line, gnarly seat, dont get the full kevlar unless your willing to shell out, its worth it though.

peace

Similar Products Used: T.H.E. connex, serfas curva.
John   Weekend Warrior [Jun 18, 2002]
Strength:

Kevlar covering,

I don't get to ride too often, so my review is based on an uncalloused tender butt. After my last ride with my OEM seat and not being able to walk for a week, I decided to try the Lounge Seat after I saw its high reviews.

First of all this IS NOT a squishy seat. It is actually harder than the OEM seat that came with the bike. It IS a big seat. Figure it is 2-3" longer than a "normal seat". It reminds me of a mini banana seat.

The cover is made of tear-resistant Kevlar. Not only is this far superior to my old leather seat which ripped within the first 5 minutes of me owning it when I set it down on the ground, but if I can be reassured that if I ever get into a shoot out, I can safely hide behind the saddle and feel confident that no bullet will reach me.

The biggest thing for me was the comfort. Although I was initially disappointed that the seat was much harder than people touted it, it makes up for lack of squishiness with its overall surface area. Going uphill, the large seat let me reposition myself in several ways which let me numb different parts of my butt systematically, distributing the overall pain. I did not notice any additional inner thigh rubbing that some people have mentioned. Overall, the seating position options is a huge improvement of a normal seat which only gives you the option of being on or off the saddle. The other thing I liked with the size is that I could slide forward to the (slightly) skinier part of the seat and it let me pedal at a more upright angle which gave me much more power than I have ever had in a sitting position.

On the downhill, the seat is named appropriately. You can just sit on it and let go. It's not soft, but it is wide and holds your butt well. The length of the seat also lets you control the bike with your inner thighs and more of your butt which is new to me also.

Bottom line... 2 days after a ride, I have some spots tender to the touch, but I'm walking with out any discomfort. More importantly, the tender spots are not focused in the perineum, but more distributed wider across the butt and inner thighs.

I'd recommend the seat to anyone who is tired of their prostrate being pounded, but still wants good control of their ride.