YST Geforce Headset

YST Geforce Headset

YST Geforce

[Oct 04, 2002]
Pat

Strength:

it seems to work fairly smooth
its very easy to adjust
its cheap

it works smoothly enough for me i think its well worth the money.

[Sep 13, 2002]
Andrew

Strength:

The GeForce seems to be a good all round headset, but creaks and grinds a lot after the punishment I put it through. Well to have survived over 8000 miles in three years over not smooth terrain

gets a bit stiff if not serviced regularly (fourth set of bearings)

having to change because new Judy XC forks to be fitted

[Dec 31, 2001]
Andrew

Strength:

Hasn't given me any problems so far, does what it is supposed to do.

None that I can see.

I don't why other people are having such problems with this headset: it hasn't given me any problems. Perhaps they are not tightening it correctly. I found it pretty easy to set up; nothing to it really. But really one headset is much like another so I will give it 4 chillies.

[Apr 11, 2004]
Jerome Espiritu
Downhiller

Strength:

It is a very smooth Headset. It works well on my bmx with the needle bearings at the bottom and the crown at the top. Smooth.

If you don't make sure that the cups are in flush then it starts getting looser and looser after 10 minutes.

Its a great headset if you are gonna start out. But in the long run you prolly dont want to use it. But for the price it is pretty much worth it.

FSA Pig
Aheadset Tank

[Jun 01, 2001]
Mateusz

Strength:

Looks good when you first get it.

Comes loose all the fu*$#@! time.

I got it for free and it was new, I thought I would save money and I did. Though I lost a lot of nerves....The lesson: pay the dow and get yourself smth decent--->it's worth it. YST is garbage, not sure who it was made for.

NOTHING as bad as this. I use FSA Orbit Extreme and Chris King.

[Sep 10, 2000]
Mike Baikov

Strength:

noisy, creaks when you go uphill

if the YST headset comes with your bike, replace it at once if you don't want your bike to creak and squeak

except the noise the headset performs well for its price

I was surprised to see YST headsets on competition-level Xcountry bikes (I won't mention the manufacturer, but beware)

generic headsets

[Jul 29, 2000]
cap'n ridiklus

Strength:

works well as an object of scorn

Ought to cost 5 bucks for how well it holds up

This headset has never worked for me. Starts to 'clunk' almost immediately despite tightening, have had to replace the starnut twice (warped and lost grip). I ride everyday, mostly commuting... this headset was sold to me to replace my threaded headset when I got a susp. fork, if I knew then what I know now, I'd have payed an extra 30 or even 50 bucks and gone for something with a decent rep like a WTB or a King. I'll have to soon cuz' this YST is junk!!!

generic threaded headset (never had any probs)

[Mar 09, 2000]
Alex Mullholland

Strength:

cheap price

hard to set up
doesn't keep the dirt out
not a simple design

don't buy it

[Jul 09, 1999]
Joshua Pelland

Strength:

Cheap
Hasn't broke yet
Smooth enough

no trick factor

Seems like a fine headset. I can't justify upgrading when this one works well and is apprantly pretty strong. I have no complaints about it.I would probably give it four stars for performance, since I know that the WTB and King headsets do feel a little smoother, however for the incredible value of these I give it 5 spontaneously combusted turds.

I've tried just about every kind of headset...

[Aug 07, 2002]
Martin

Strength:

Looks nice and thats it

It's the worst ever. It came on my bike and I have had problems only. Squeaks and comes loose. Critical parts made of aluminum.

Dont buy this product. I am getting a FSA Orbit xtreme now.

Diacompe, Cane Creek