X-Lite Aheadset Stem Plug 1.125 in. Headset

Aheadset Stem Plug 1.125 in.

The cool solution to threadless headset fitting and adjustment. Compact reusable self-setting system does away with 'star-fangled' nut. Anodised finish with lazer etched graphics. Available in Blue, Black, Red, alloy or Ice-grey.

Cal   Weekend Warrior [Apr 19, 2003]
Strength:

Reusable and isn't gouging into my fork steerer tube like the old star nut.

None so far - a friend found his slipped on the inner of the steerer tube, but mine gripped fine (possibly because the star nut that had been in there had roughened it).

Just to comment on Luke's claim that the stem plug doesn't fit Marzocchi forks - it fitted my 2003 MX Comp ETA without a problem. It's a reasonably tight fit, but then that's a good thing! No serious trails done since then, but it seems to do the job fine...

Similar Products Used: None.
Luke   [Apr 01, 2003]
Strength:

Try none.

Pathetic design, bad finish, doesn't fit many stems due to design fault. Useless junk - I was ripped off.

Due to a design flaw this item WILL NOT fit alloy stemmed Marzocchi forks. How useless is that? Could I also point out that X-Lite reckon they are "... committed to servicing your needs." ********. They took THIRTY WHOLE DAYS to respond to my e-mail, and even then were useless. I'll NEVER buy anything by them again, and would strongly advise others to follow.

I'd give them no chillis if I could.

Similar Products Used: FSA, Hope
Phil Bowery   Cross Country Rider [Dec 10, 2002]
Strength:

Easy to use, Reuseable, no need to knock a Star-Fangled nut into your ner forks' steerer tube, Looks Great.

Weaknesses? Well... Can't really be used with a Syncros stem (With the sloped clamp)

Great functional and pimpy device.

Just pop it into the steerer and tighten. Clamps tight inside the tube and pulls your bearings tight. Difficult to over-tighten it and crush your bearings.

It looks superb on yer bike. Buy one.

If your bike came with a cheap little plastic plug and bolt, Get one just for the pimp value. Bargain price of £10 (or even cheaper S/H) means it's pocket change.

Similar Products Used: Nope...
Gomez   Weekend Warrior [Sep 06, 2004]
Strength:

looks good.

not made by Ronseal.

DO NOT BUY. DOES NOT WORK.

I had to re-tighten after every ride but could not get the compression force high enough to keep the headset compacted.
I had it gripping tighter than a Scotsman holding a 2 pence but it was useless.

I fitted a star nut and re-used the X-lite top cap and bolt. Now my headset and stackers are held as they should be. I have the best of both worlds. Pimp looks and functionality. But it's an expensive top cap!!

I like X-lite products but I don't rate this at all.

Similar Products Used: a star fangled nut....