FSA BMX DH Headset

• The Pig DH Pro - 176 grams
  • The Pig - 180 grams

• User Reviews (143)

Matt   [Feb 24, 2002]
    Strength:

This is for the Pig DH Pro.
    I put it in, I rode on it and I forgot I had a headset.

Heavy, but all good things are heavy.

I was a little nervous buying a headset that weighed this much and was a little cheap but the damn thing is awesome. Ive never had a problem with it, it never comes loose like Aheadsets do and its buttery smooth goodness. BOMBER

Similar Products Used: Aheadset piece of $hit.
    David M   Racer [Jan 10, 2002]
    Strength:

The Pig DH was designed to be bombproof... well I have put mine through hell and its fine... if it were to blow up, I wouldn't care, it only cost me $20. This headset performs better than a race face real seal, and cane creek. I can't compare it to a Chris King headset because I've never been stupid enough to pay for one...

Havn't found one yet

But this headset if you've never tried it. Once you try it you won't ever care about your headset ever again! I wouldn't even post a review unless a product has totally blown me away!

Similar Products Used: Race Face real seal..
    Blake   Weekend Warrior [Jul 19, 1999]
    Strength:

Easy Setup
    Cartridge Bearings
    Conix

Had to call FSA to get correct size Conix.

Supergo doesn't send the correct size Conix for alloy steerer tubes. Just call or e-mail FSA and they will send you one free. Everything else has been great!

Similar Products Used: Dia-Compe
    Matt   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 04, 1999]
    Strength:

It is easy to maintain and clean. Looks rad on my bike.

the conix technology was kinda dicy, didnt seem like it fit right. when adjusted properly it works great.

This is suprisingly a great headset, even though it came stock with the frame set i got from supergo. ive had no problems with it, i love how smooth it is. maybe doesnt have the lifetime warranty a CK set has but its alot cheaper. buy this if you dont want to shell out big bucks for a CK head set.

Similar Products Used: first time on an ahead set
    Shambly Man   weekend warrior [Sep 21, 1998]

Purchased Orbit DL. Thought it really rocked at first - v. plush and smooth.
    After a month of tricks and the like, headset got wobbly. Not good. Tried to tighten. Not work. Tried nice man at bike shop. No problem he said. Big problem I said, when I got it back, cos it was still wobbly. Got new bike frame. Aha, I thought, my headset will now work. Wrong. This headset is good at first but sucks big time after the jibblies set in.

Knauer   weekend warrior [Mar 31, 1998]

I got a lower-end FSA put on my bike when I upgraded forks to a Mani SX. I had it put on at my LBS, but they installed it with a bunch of spacers under the stem, and I wanted a lower stem hieght, so I yanked it all apart. That was easy, but then I had to put it back together. That wasn't. The only way I could get it tight was to pull the spring stack out of the fork, press up on the crown and down as hard as I could on the stem. I have gone on three rides since then, and it is coming loose again. Serious hassle.

John B.   weekend warrior [Mar 21, 1998]

I bought this orbit XL. It seem after every ride I would have a clunking sound. I would check ther head set. Sure enough, it was loose. After having this head set only two months and it constantly coming loose I decided to remove it and investigate. The sealed cartrigde bearings were shot. They dhad more play in the than the two year old Dia-Compe I had replaced it with. I now have a Cane-Creek and have'nt had to tighten my head set since. If you want the best and no hassle, buy a Cane Creek or buy a King. 0-chili's if I could.

Justin   cross-country rider [Mar 19, 1998]

I bought the Orbit DL for the price $25. A headset is a headset, right? WRONG!!! I had it installed along with my X-Vert at the local bike shop...they said they couldn't get it adjusted...neither could I. Either you live with the slack or you live with a sticky turning front end. There was no happy medium. I went with the King No-thredset and I couldn't be happier. Even my old Dia-compe Aheadset is MUCH better than the FSA. Don't waste your time (or $25) on this headset.

BIFF   downhiller [Jul 26, 1997]

It definately is not a Chris King. I mainly bought it for the price, but after installing it on my bike, I wished that I spent the extra money and got a Chris King Headset. The Conix System completely sucks. Now matter how many times I tried to tighten the top Conix Cap, I could not get the headset tight. I ended up using a star flanged washed. I find this quite amusing, since FSA's so called market niche is it's Conix Cap that dosen't work at all. The headset itself does not fit in too tightly and there is a lot of play, so when I am riding the headset moves and continualy make creaking noises. CRAP, CRAP, CRAP

Sofian Abdul Rahman   [Jul 14, 1997]

I have FSAs on both my bikes. The major plus for the FSAs is the Conix head plug. It beats the star-fangled thinggies hands down. So, adjustment is a breeze.
    However, the Conix inserts that goes into the steerer does on occasion slip on one of my bikes. Nonetheless no such problems on the other bike.
    IMHO the FSAs have a cooler appearance than the mainstream Dia-Compes, Tioga or YSTs but lets not get Chris Kings or Ringles into the picture.
    All said and done, the FSAs are tough, smoothe, durable and good looking (coz of the colours available). They are also very easy to adjust.
    If you want your bike to look as if it were custom built in a bike boutique but are unable/unwilling to spend too much, then, slap one of these on.