Chris King 1 Inch Threaded Headset

Chris King has set the industry standard for two decades that no imitator has been able to match. Their unique, serviceable cartridge bearings far outlast other bearings and feature a five-year warranty.

Hands down, this is the best Headset on the market.

Threaded version, for threaded steertubes. (NoThreadSet also available.)

92.5 grams.

Andrew   Racer [Jul 02, 2004]
Strength:

light, strong, trouble free

none encountered

This headset came on a bike I bought used. The original owner rode it for about a season and it's since been through six years of pretty nasty conditions, including a couple east-coast winters. I changed the stem recently and decided that I'd freshen up the headset, although it was still in adjustment and felt fine. When I pulled it apart, the grease inside still looked brand new. If that isn't a testament to king's superior tolerances and overall quality, I'm not sure what is. I'll never buy another non-CK headset. I don't know if the grip nut holds better than the regular two-nut, but the headset has performed flawlessly with absolutely zero maintenance through more than half a decade of hard riding without even an adjustment.